Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

line fill

Posted by Parabolic 
line fill
October 18, 2011 09:40PM
ok - so im finally getting "somewhere" with my prints, but now need to clean them up. I checked all my e steps - they are set within.2 mm. for some reason im not getting full line fill at times up to my perimeters. not all the time - but in areas. I also seem to have what looks like "dragging" on the base layers of objects.
I dont mind messing with these to get it right, but I dont know what parameter to adjust for what condition -
Id REALLY like to get this calibrated cleaner.
Thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_4497.jpg (63.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_4486.jpg (60 KB)
Re: line fill
October 19, 2011 12:25AM
for the "dragging" in the fil section increase Infill width over thickness ratio, it looks like you are overlapping a lot.

for getting fills closer to perimter you can try adjusting Infill Perimeter Overlap.

optionally you can adjust Infill width over Thickness to be more accurate.
October 19, 2011 12:46AM
Your extruder filament pinch drive might be slipping or the extruder motor is missing steps. Check the teeth on your pinch drive for plastic. How fast are you printing? You can try slowing down the feed rate to see if that improves your print. What temperature? Maybe you need to increase the nozzle temperature a bit to reduce the viscosity and make it easier on your extruder.
October 19, 2011 05:42AM
Are you using SF of SFact?

I am getting the same problem of infill lines not meeting the perimeter lines using standard SFact settings.

I will try altering the Infill Perimeter Overlap setting, but playing with that earlier seemed to make no difference.
October 19, 2011 12:46PM
With SF 40/41 I think there were some issues with outline placement. Some small features would have the outline off by a fraction of a mm, enough to make the infill not reach. It almost looked like a rounding error. I upgraded to SF 44 and the issues went away. What version of SF did SFACT branch from?
October 19, 2011 06:10PM
Im using sfact - Im just getting into this so im using whats "with" pronterface. Can you use sf44 with pronterface?
As far as the above questions:
Im printing PLA at 185 and 60 (bed) temps.
my speed is set to 150
No im not having mechanical issues with the exxtruder - no slippage or anything.
Im just trying to figure out which parameter controls which function.
if my infill needs to be adjusted - which control do I adjust to achieve that? For example.
Thanks!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login