Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

will not print

Posted by mrkaras 
will not print
October 29, 2011 02:16AM
I've finished assembling my techzone huxley (http://www.techzonecom.com/detail.php?pr_id=48) and I can manually move all the axis, the end stops work but when I try to print it moves around a bit then just stops. I think it goes home on all axes, in a bit then up a bit, then that’s it, it stops.

I am using Repsnaper but replacatorG seems to do the same thing.
My electronics are the techzone monolithic electronics with that ever firmware they come with on them.

---update---
It looks like my issues are gcode problems, Repsnaper only generates move Z axis instructions (and nothing else) and replacatorG uses the M108 command that has apparently been depreciated (http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M108:_Set_Extruder_Speed) (and by the looks of it no longer supported by my firmware). still not sure how to fix it though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 03:07AM by mrkaras.
Re: will not print
October 29, 2011 09:35AM
Repsnapper really doesn't produce usable gcode in my opinion, so you're better off with skeinforge or others. If the gcode is the problem, it might help to select "gcode small" in the export tab.

You can also try the pronterface+sfact combo, out of the box it produces gcode that runs perfectly fine with a year old fived firmware on my gen3 remix.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
October 29, 2011 08:51PM
thanks, I'll have to give them a go. I finaly did get replacatorG (skeinforge ) to produce valid gcode (as far as I can tell anyway) now I'm just trying to make the filiment stick to the bed. I'll have to give your suguestions a go anyway, they might do a better job.
October 30, 2011 12:57AM
mrkaras Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> now I'm just trying to make the filiment stick to the bed.

Sounds like your nozzle is too far from the build surface.
November 04, 2011 04:24AM
I probably did, when I set my Z end stop should the extruder nose set on the platform or just above it, I were going just above it. After my previous posts I tried a few things but had things break, I had a wire break off an end stop and need resoldering and more significantly I had the top pop out of my hot end. I have now rebuilt my hot-end so hopefully it won't fall apart again and have had some success in printing, just lots of tuning to go. Thanks anyway, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login