Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibrating procedure - is there more??

Posted by Parabolic 
Calibrating procedure - is there more??
November 17, 2011 07:18PM
OK,
I decided to use a diffrent computer for my printer sonce my wife needed her laptop back! eye rolling smiley
so I went ahead and downloaded the newest version of SFACT, Pronterface, etc. Setup has been ok, although it seems a few of the routines I was framiliar with have kinda changed.
Anyhow - Im trying to calibrate - I performed the calibration sequence and got it perfect per the titanpad document. My 40x10 thinwall is great!!
however,
I tried to print a x10 belt pulley and it looked great until it got to the teeth - they wee kinda sloppy - not really "cog like".
So as im messing around with things like retraction and such, I was thinking there has to be more to calibrating this than just that one test print.

Is there - somewhere - an organized procedure on calibrations to do in order to cover everything from perimeters to fill to things like blobbing?

Im just concerned by tweaking one thing out of "order" I could be messing up something that should have been calibrated first.

Thanks!
Jeff
Re: Calibrating procedure - is there more??
November 17, 2011 07:50PM
Have you had a chance to go through http://reprap.org/wiki/Calibration yet? It's quite useful, and list out a good, procedural process for you to go through.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 07:51PM by Shibboleth.

November 17, 2011 09:53PM
+1 for the Wiki Calibration [reprap.org] - it improved my print quality enormously! [julianh72.blogspot.com]

Thanks for the TitanPad link [titanpad.com] - it has some more tests and instructions which I will have look at to see if it addresses a few more of my issues.

Follow my Mendel Prusa build here: [julianh72.blogspot.com]
Re: Calibrating procedure - is there more??
November 18, 2011 01:12PM
Well,
Thanks for the WIKI link! I went through most of them and everything looks good! I even printed the hollow pyramid out and it has no strings! So im happy about that.
My bridging also seems good by the calibration test listed on there.
Im still however, trying to print out an x10 pulley and it looks like crap when it gets to the teeth - almost looks like too much material is being extruded.
again, I went through all the calibrations, thin wall looks great, etc. It almost looks like im getting too much fill - Did I miss a calibration step for fill??
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login