Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Frustrated by Thingiverse search feature?

Posted by zzarbi 
Frustrated by Thingiverse search feature?
December 01, 2011 04:43PM
Hi,

I love Thingiverse but I hate their search feature which is "powered" by Google.

So I built http://thingisearch.com to fix that problem smiling smiley
I hope this is not view as advertising since I'm not making any cash with this project and I have no intention to do so.
This project is literally just a search engine, every link are redirected to thingiverse.com

For example this link http://thingisearch.com/search/advanced/tag/calibrate, calibration will get you all the calibration object you need to calibrate your printer.

If you guys think of anything to had, please let me know.

[Updated the link]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2011 05:00PM by zzarbi.
Re: Frustrated by Thingiverse search feature?
December 01, 2011 05:38PM
nice.
December 01, 2011 05:50PM
I had sent in several suggestion messages to thinigverse about ways to improve their search but each time I received an email thanking me for the suggestions but they would not be implementing them because it would take to much work to do. I am glad to see someone has taken a step in the right direction and will be using your search page a lot.
Thank you.
December 01, 2011 06:11PM
I did the same I ask them about it at the beginning of this year... and they told me they would implement it soon... Still nothing.
My search engine is not perfect but I can improve it.

I also ask them if they were going to built an API so I can mine their data and they said no :/ So I add to manually parse it.
December 08, 2011 12:06PM
Hey,

I send an email to Thingiverse and now they actually implemented a simple search engine:
[blog.thingiverse.com]

Hopefully they will have a complete product soon. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login