Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BotMill has the Fastest Shipping Times Around!

Posted by BotMill 
BotMill has the Fastest Shipping Times Around!
January 26, 2012 04:16PM
BotMill 3D Printers (www.BotMill.com) has achieved next day shipping!
If you place your order today, it will leave our doors tomorrow. Can't get much better than that. The lowest priced fully assembled printer with the fastest lead times around.

We also:
- Print a sample piece and leave it on your printer during shipping. This way, when you open your box, you will know your printer has been fully calibrated and tested.

- Dedicated tech support. Always get your answers when you need them. Use our support ticket system: www.botmill.com/support, give us a call 803-326-4615, or email us at support@botmill.com for a speedy response.

Sincerely,

BotMill Team

Follow us on twitter @BotMill
Re: BotMill has the Fastest Shipping Times Around!
January 26, 2012 05:00PM
You have been claiming this for a long time. I myself, fell for this HOAX.

THIS IS A COMPLETE JOKE. PEOPLE ALREADY KNOW BETTER.

NOTE: If you came across this thread Googling for info about Botmill, just note that this is a lousy attempt to seed positive phrases into the search results. Please read real people's nightmares here:

Anyone Have BotMill Feedback?

BOTMILL is a NIGHTMARE

Note to self: do more research!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 09:18PM by asifjahmed.
January 26, 2012 05:22PM
@BotMill: you need to address customer ill will before this kind of announcement will be taken seriously. Who cares that the boat's fast if it appears to be sinking?
SeeMeCNC has same day shipping if ordered by noon EST

John Oly
January 26, 2012 05:31PM
@Botmill - Seriously? 7months since you last posted on this forum and you think it appropriate to post more Sales PR instead of any responses to ANY of the customers posting on here for all that time.

I get it, 'you' are new and have the job of sorting out the Botmill marketing, maybe 3DS have told you to get this sorted, but please do more than post PR on this forum about how wonderful you are.

Yes, I spotted the other few threads today where you say a nice thing or too.

You also chose to post in only the threads you or 3DS started (3D Systems Improves Botmill Quality & this one) - NOT the many other threads with your customers that have real issues with your service, why is that? and where did you study marketing and customer relations, they should be shut down.

I do hope 'you' whoever you are at Botmill have some authority to sort this out, if all the action you can do is say "please contact our support" or "follow us on twitter / find us on Facebook" then that's not enough. - Please at least give us a name (Make one up for all we care) but being 'the Botmill team' is just bad customer relations. - Be a 'real' person and deal with problems professionally and openly.

Please read the following Threads from start to finish, and help as many of your customers as possible, so we don't constantly have too.

Anyone Have BotMill Feedback?
BOTMILL is a NIGHTMARE
Note to self: do more research!

I'm taking my time again to try and assist you in highlighting your customers with issues, please have the decency to reply to any of the comments in the above threads (in a pro-active way, don't just tell anyone to contact support, take a ticket or phone you - Or follow you on Twitter!).

Sincerely,

Every-one of your customers

Follow us here please Botmill - we won't be following you on Twitter.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
January 26, 2012 05:39PM
Hi @Richrap

Thanks very much for tha assistance.

Any suggestions are always appreciated. We are also going to make much more of an effort to help reprappers with any tech issues they may have regarding the reprap mendel in general on the reprap forum.

In regards to support: Please note that Shaan Dholakia handles our tech support and can be reached three ways: Phone after 4:30pm EST 803-326-4073 (please make appointment with him ahead of time by email, he is typically available same day to talk over the phone), email shaan@botmill.com, and/or our support ticket center www.botmill.com/support

We always make sure to give speedy answers.

Anyone with a pending issue with their 3D printer can rest assured that if they contact us, we will fix ASAP.

We strive to have the best lead times, quality, and customer service in the industry.

All the best,

BotMill Team
January 26, 2012 05:50PM
OK, It does not look like you have taken on-board anything I have just said, judging by that reply, but at least you are being responsive, so please respond to a few other people with issues on those threads I highlighted.

Really crossing my fingers, don't let us down now with the next reply, it's important, don't blow it... Have another coffee and think about it a bit.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
January 26, 2012 05:54PM
We see a lot of stuff that we responded to in general, however - can you be more specific? Kindly post some of those questions here so we can answer completely in a fresh scenario.

All the best,

BotMIll Team
January 26, 2012 06:07PM
Good Evening -

Note we have been making a concerted effort to ensure all outbound machines are built up to the standards our customers expect. All machines are tested thoroughly before shipment--including multiple test prints guaranteeing a well built, functioning unit upon arrival.

We have made some changes to our packaging in recent weeks as well as we have been notified by a few customers that machines are arriving with certain connections unplugged, various loose nuts, etc. On a side note please be aware that recently all machines leave our facility with all frame nuts locked in place with thread locker.

We are doing this in an effort to improve our quality and keep our customers happy with their purchase.

To our current customers - note although my primary duties remain in production, I am available to speak to you for tech support if need be.

As stated in the post above, if you wish to speak to me for matters concerning tech support, I am more than happy to speak to you I can be reached via email ([email protected]) and I am also able to speak to you at my direct line - 803.326.4073--however please email me first so we can arrange an appointment.

--------------------------

Shaan Dholakia
BotMill 3D Printers
[www.BotMill.com]
shaan@botmill.com
January 26, 2012 06:18PM
I'm in the UK, it's late here and I'm off to bed, but for starters has Asifjahmed had a full refund yet? He has been waiting for a long time, a positive resolution there will help you.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
January 26, 2012 06:28PM
We will always offer to replace and fix any machine received in anything but satisfactory condition. Unfortunately, I do not know if we are able to post specific order information publicly. I hope you can understand.
January 26, 2012 07:04PM
I'm soory, you don't seem to get the message at all. For me, you're still a --NOT-TO-BE-RECOMMENDED-FIRM-- !!!
Your answering here proofs it all the more.

regards,
Tom
January 26, 2012 07:17PM
@Tom,

If you have any specific questions, please let us know and we will be happy to answer.
January 26, 2012 08:59PM
> BotMill 3D Printers (www.BotMill.com) has achieved
> next day shipping!
> If you place your order today, it will leave our
> doors tomorrow. Can't get much better than that.
> The lowest priced fully assembled printer with the
> fastest lead times around.

So does that mean your printers are no longer built to order, but instead built ahead of time?
January 26, 2012 09:01PM
BotMill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately, I do not know if we are
> able to post specific order information publicly.
> I hope you can understand.

I'm sure that if you take care of customers like Asifjahmed, THEY will GLADLY let us know.

Until we hear good things from them, it looks like you're conducting NEW business as usual.

I don't think hearing any testimonials from new "satisfied" customers will help much either. Not until some of these other
issues are cleared up.

On a side note: I want to say that Lulzbot really surprised me with very fast shipping. My machine was here in just a couple days, but I didn't ask for any kind of expedited shipping. Very pleased with the shipping, product and Jeff's help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 09:06PM by Skypuppet.
January 26, 2012 09:05PM
I've got my Botmill Glider more than a week now, with many many hours spent on making phone calls, writing e-mails to your tech support and fixing loose components, playing with RepSnapper but it's still not working properly, can you tell me why this happens:

1, When in RepSnapper, I set target temperature at 230 but it can only rise to around 200 and stops; but if I use Pronterface, it easily rises to 230. And physically I can see the difference when I use a small piece of abs material touching the nozzle in these 2 different cases, the material melts differently;

2, When I run the extruder, the material feeds down for a while then got stuck and there's no filament coming out of the nozzle;

I've spent way too much time on a unit claimed as "Plug and Print" and it's leading me no where now. Can you ship me a unit that you really tested good and then I'll do a test print while you're on the phone to support? If your unit really works, this won't take more than 45 minutes since I've played with your product so much. And I'll be happy to ship my current unit back to you.
January 26, 2012 09:08PM
Hi @billyzelsnack yes - we are building many ahead of time in order to keep up with demand.
January 26, 2012 09:14PM
Just wanted to thank the community members here for your support. You are much appreciated.

For the record, Gil told me yesterday that my RMA was approved. I will let the community know when I receive my refund. Assuming it happens in the next couple of days, this entire ordeal tied up $1400 of my money for about 2 months.
January 26, 2012 09:20PM
Hi @Automeasure
Sorry for your inconvenience.
We will absolutely help you with your issues.
To answer your questions:
1. In repsnapper, how long does it take for the temperature to reach 200 from the time you start the extruder. Kindly do the same with pronterface. In either case, the material will melt differently at different temperatures.
2. Sounds like the filament issue may be due to a temperature issue.

Please let us know your findings to #1. In either case, please email support@botmill.com or shaan@botmill.com and let them know you spoke botmill in the reprap forum so that we can determine what the issue - it may be simple and require no replacement, however, if something requires more specific attention we will gladly replace. If possible, please include pictures.

Lastly, please note that if you send an email tonight, we will most likely not be able to answer until 8am EST.

All the best,

BotMill Team

----------------------
Find out about discounts and specials by following us on twitter @BotMill
January 26, 2012 09:26PM
BotMill Wrote:
> Hi @billyzelsnack yes - we are building many ahead
> of time in order to keep up with demand.

Does that mean FCC and/or CE compliance testing has been completed and passed for the Botmill Glider and Botmill Axis products?
January 26, 2012 10:17PM
I just did the test and here's the result:

1, I started my printer in Repsnapper and set 230, heat on, it starts to rise from 57deg., and then stops at 201, took 2min.40sec, then drops to 197, then back and forth between 196 to 199;

2, Power off the printer and let it cool down. Started it in Pronterface and do the same thing, it rises from 44 all the way to 234, took about 3min. 45sec., then back and forth between 221 to 232.

Any advice? Thanks.
January 27, 2012 05:01AM
billyzelsnack Wrote:
> BotMill Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hi @billyzelsnack yes - we are building many
> ahead
> > of time in order to keep up with demand.
>
> Does that mean FCC and/or CE compliance testing
> has been completed and passed for the Botmill
> Glider and Botmill Axis products?

If the machine is fully assembled and ready to use then Botmill will need to have completed full EMC testing and at least self certified CE better still had it CE / FCC and UL tested and certified or they will be opening themselves up to all sorts of issues both legal and safety orientated.

Is it also RoHS compliant?

I'll be stunned if we get confirmation or a reply from Botmill or 3DS to any of that, but it would be really good to know if the generic electronics and design can actually be approved as an electrical appliance.

3DS would be very aware of approvals and must have already? done all this for their Cubify printer aimed at Kids.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
January 27, 2012 07:02AM
Automeasure Wrote:
> I just did the test and here's the result:
>
> 1, I started my printer in Repsnapper and set 230,
> heat on, it starts to rise from 57deg., and then
> stops at 201, took 2min.40sec, then drops to 197,
> then back and forth between 196 to 199;
>
> 2, Power off the printer and let it cool down.
> Started it in Pronterface and do the same thing,
> it rises from 44 all the way to 234, took about
> 3min. 45sec., then back and forth between 221 to
> 232.
>
> Any advice? Thanks.

Hi Automeasure,

Are you saying the starting temperature is 57 degrees when you enable extruder "vitals" in Repsnapper? That seems rather warm for a "cool" unit that has remained off. Are you able to take it's temperature through some other means? And have you done so? Generally when you turn on the unit it will btw 15-20 degrees.

Please provide us with further details and i am glad to continue to assist you with this.

Shaan Dholakia
BotMill 3D Printers
[www.BotMill.com]
shaan@botmill.com
January 27, 2012 03:50PM
> If the machine is fully assembled and ready to use
> then Botmill will need to have completed full EMC
> testing and at least self certified CE better
> still had it CE / FCC and UL tested and certified
> or they will be opening themselves up to all sorts
> of issues both legal and safety orientated.

I was under the impression that as long as you built to order instead of assembled ahead of time compliance certs were not required. Is this not the case?
January 27, 2012 05:20PM
That's not my understanding, but I would be very interested in any other points of view on the subject. That would mean a manufacturer could 'build to order' 5000 units and avoid any approvals, why would that be permitted. Over here in Europe, a built final unit appliance or machine needs approval and CE certification. Electronics need EMC testing and will need to comply with RoHS directives.

Some different rules for a piece of test or development equipment but if it's being sold as a product for consumer use then it applies.

You can self certify CE, but that's not usually a great idea, and having a heating element and molten plastic ready to plug in and use just makes it more of an issue. UL, BEAB, or VDE is a good idea but is not always needed unless the device has a safety critical element to it. I'm not exactly sure how a 3D printer would be classified but it's an interesting area as more people consider selling lots of built machines and not just kits of parts.

It's a different story when you are selling a full or partial kit of parts, start assembling electronics or full machines it can get much more tricky and complicated for a business selling to an end user.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
January 27, 2012 08:14PM
Shaan:

The printer was turned on for a while when I was on the forum, to save time on the test I didn't wait till it's totally cooled down but instead just touch the nozzle with my fingers and when I feel comfortable I started the printer again. That's why in both case the nozzle temperature started around 50 deg., if we need a comparison then that should work.

Anyway I redid the test with machine totally cooled down and:

1, In Repsnapper it started at 21 deg., took 3min45sec to reach 201 then stops and back and forth between 196 to 199; I set bed temperature at 110 but when I stop the test the bed is just a little warm, I can put my palm on it without any problem;

2, In Pronterface it started at 23deg., took about 3min 45sec to reach 234 then starts to drop and back forth between 226 to 229; bed is little warmer (I guess that's because it started warmer).

Is that enough information for this test?
January 30, 2012 10:00AM
Hi Automeasure,

Thanks for the information. In general the temperature will generally hover around the target temp +/- a few degrees. Therefore I wouldn't be too concerned about it not being a little more (or less) than the target. It should vary. Note that this is what our testing procedures have proved to us. The esteemed community can either confirm or refute this if they wish to do so.

Finally, we have noticed that the V6 hot end takes a little longer to warm up, however once running we've been quite pleased with the results.
January 30, 2012 10:10AM
But we're not talking about a few degrees, the difference between 199 vs 230 (target) is 31. And how is your answer going to help me to solve my problem, that filament not flowing out of the nozzle? And one of your previous post said "2. Sounds like the filament issue may be due to a temperature issue." If you think temperature is not the cause, then what's the next step ?

I need my printer that you claim as "plug-n-print" to work.
January 30, 2012 10:35AM
Hi AutoMeasure,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Kindly send me an email ([email protected]) at your convenience and we'll come up with the fastest possible solution to resolve this issue.

Shaan Dholakia
BotMill 3D Printers
[www.BotMill.com]
shaan@botmill.com
January 30, 2012 01:07PM
Shaan:

Just sent out an e-mail to you from my rxmetrology.ca account.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login