Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[USA] Midwest 3Dprinter meet?

Posted by johnoly99 
[USA] Midwest 3Dprinter meet?
January 29, 2012 11:09PM
So, would anyone be interested this spring in coming to Northern Indiana for a get-together? We have a few opportunities to use some decent spaces, and have some community space to do it. I think it would be great to do a weekend thing, maybe get some new guys to have a chance to get some hands on with some of you experienced types out there. We can provide a pretty decent set up with internet/power etc...

Has this been done? Should it? If you are close enough, would you come?

Cost is obviously free, maybe donations to the building owners for electric etc...

Just a thought, here's aplace to talk about it,

John Oly
Re: [USA] Midwest 3Dprinter meet?
January 30, 2012 01:26AM
Oh boy, I wish I could but it's simply not cost effective let alone I can't afford it to travel from New Zealand

January 30, 2012 09:25AM
I'm from NW Ohio. If you get something going, I'll be there.

[dankimble7.blogspot.com]
January 30, 2012 10:51AM
Well, looks like there's some interest in it. We'll be thinking about doing it for sure, so what would you guys like to see the format be. A big open space with tables and power? Maybe see if we can get some guests from the reprap gurus, ???
January 30, 2012 08:39PM
I think we could arrange a machine or two to be at an event like this!

When the details become more clear, let me know

-Zach
January 30, 2012 10:40PM
well, i live in northwest Indiana and i could bring both mine.
January 31, 2012 11:14AM
i have an eMaker Huxley in Indianapolis. i think this would be awesome!
January 31, 2012 12:43PM
Well, OK guys. Its a plan then. Heres what we are thinking so far

We have an awesome 1800's era brick factory that a friend runs his plastic company in. Hes offering us use of part of his building. Itll be pretty cool, ill post a pic of the building later tonight.
We have electric and internet available there.

Date:
TBD but im thinking end of march/ early april? What sounds good to you?

Times:
Friday afternoon, Saturday all day, and Sunday till noon or so? Kinda like a come and go thing. Whatever. There are plenty of affordable hotels nearby.

John "Oly"
SeeMeCNC.com
February 04, 2012 11:28AM
I'm in Lafayette so I'll come at least on Saturday, as long as I'm not traveling for work.
February 07, 2012 11:50AM
Oh man, born and raised in Mishawaka, but unfortunately relocated to VA a couple of years ago (well, unfortunately for these purposes... other than that, VA is delightful), otherwise I'd be all over this!

If I find myself visiting when it goes down, I will surely find some time to come down and see what's up.
February 07, 2012 01:47PM
Alright guys, sounds like a go for sure. We are still working on the location details, but Goshen area for sure. We have a tentative date of march 30-31st. That is a Friday and Saturday. We have a bunch of local guys interested, and you guys on here too! This should be alot of fun times.

Thanks again
John

John "Oly"
SeeMeCNC.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login