Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

acceleration question

Posted by proctor 
acceleration question
February 09, 2012 06:08PM
I've got these boards: gen4, Ramps and Sanguinololu. I wanted to know if it was possible to control the acceleration of each motor: I mean how do I set for example a 3000 mm/s^2 for the X axis? Do I do this via Gcode, firmware or through the program that controls the machine (pronterface, replicatorG or similar), how do i set this and where?
Thank you
Re: acceleration question
February 09, 2012 06:50PM
You set the acceleration in firmware.

You don't specify your firmware, but I use Marlin on my Prusa and can adjust each axis like this: (for {x,y,z,e} respectively)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {900,900,80,10000}

But is it a good idea do have different acceleration for x and y? I'd imagine it could make some trouble or wonky artefacts?

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
February 10, 2012 12:01AM
I use Repetier firmware on a Sanguinololu - which allows dynamic setting of accelerations, max speeds, steps per mm, etc.
February 10, 2012 10:20AM
mhm ok, thank you, is possible put Repetier firmware in the gen4? how?
thank you
max
February 10, 2012 11:30AM
I just took a look into the gen4 board description. I saw that repetier would have no troubles with the sd card, the stepper driver and the endstops. The pinout can be extracted easily from the schematic. You could copy the ramp 1.3 config in pins.h and modify it for gen4.

What I didn't see is how temperature control and heater control works on gen4. If it's simply a thermistor and a an output for the heater, this is no problem.

If RS485/I2c communication with extruder boards are necessary it won't work without massive code changes.

If you have a working pin config, let me know. I will then include it for other users.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login