Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printer specs

Posted by mupwi 
printer specs
February 12, 2012 01:35PM
I was thinking we should start a thread where we can each put up our printer spec so if we have a question we can ask somone with a similar machine for help.

I notice ppl often asking questions relating to one version of hardware and getting answers relating to another version.

ill start

bot: techzone laser cur mendel
electronics: techzone monolithic electronics
extruder: abs printed wades extruder
firmware: still battling with that playing with sprinter and techzone
gcode compiler: skeinforge 45
host software: repsnapper
Re: printer specs
February 12, 2012 05:26PM
Bot: Reprapped Prusa mendel SAE
Build volume: 200mm x 200mm x 200mm
Electronics: Ramps 1.4 / Arduino mega / polulu stepper drivers
Extruder: Printed ABS Wade's geared Extruder w/ Adam's Hotend
Firmware: Marlin
Slicer: Skeinforge 48
Host software: Pronterface

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 11:33PM by aplavins.
February 12, 2012 06:34PM
Sells mendel, Gen6, Adrians geared extruder
Prusa, Sanguino, Sprinter, Gregs hinged extruder, linear bearings

SF41
Repsnapper
Pronterface

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 06:36PM by NelsonRap.

February 13, 2012 04:25PM
Prism Mendel (Extruded aluminum sells mendel)
Gen6
Wades
jhead IV
Lm8uu bearings
February 13, 2012 06:00PM
MendelMax
Maxbots y-axis kit
Lulzbot x-axis (about to be swapped to techpaladin's lead screw setup)
SDP self-aligning bronze bushings
Wade's extruder with J-Head MKIV-B hotend
RAMPS 1.4
February 13, 2012 07:05PM
Hmmm - thousands (tens of thousands?) of machines, pretty well every one just a little bit different from every other machine. What are the chances that anyone will ever be able to successfully use a forum thread like this to track down someone with a similar machine who can assist them?

I'm going to suggest a different approach:

Maybe what we need is some sort of flag on the Wiki pages for the various machine designs and components, so that a member can flag "I've got one!" (a bit like the Thingiverse" Workshop feature). Then, when someone needs some help with a Wade's Geared Extruder [reprap.org] with a "Geared Extruder Nozzle" [reprap.org] , say, (yes, "I've got one"!), they could search through the list of people with the same kit (maybe even find someone in their local area?), and contact them for specific advice.

Maybe the list of people who have a particular machine / component could even hot-link straight to a forum support thread for that particular component?

Just a thought ...

(Oh, and in case my idea is impractical: I have a Prusa Mendel with LM8UU linear bearings on the X & Y axes, Wade's Geared Extruder with Geared Extruder Nozzle, RAMPS 1.4 with SDRAMPS and XBee wireless connectivity, home-built ATX 500 W power supply, and Mk 1 PCB Heated Printbed. smiling smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 07:25PM by julianh72.

Follow my Mendel Prusa build here: [julianh72.blogspot.com]
March 03, 2012 12:35AM
I have the exact printer you do, but I'm having trouble figuring out the wiring from the board to te extruder. Pretty sure I'm missing the extruder board, but I can't find any documentation. Is there any chance you can take a picture of your final product and some semi close ups of your wiring? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Trip
March 04, 2012 07:20PM
Like many of you, my printer is almost constantly being upgraded and modified, but right now I'm working with the following setup:

Bot: Makergear Mosaic (build volume a bit more than 5" x 5" x 5")
Modifications: XYZ endstops, build platform side mounted cooling fan, custom sealed filament roll
Extruder: MakerGear stepper plastruder, 0.35mm nozzle
Electronics: RAMPS 1.4 (w/ Arduino Mega)
Firmware: Marlin 0.9.9L
Platform: Heated bed, kapton tape (usually, occasionally blue tape)
Plastic: PLA filament, 1.75mm (usually)
Gcode compiler: Slic3r 0.6.0 (usually)
Host control: Printrun/Pronterface (usually)
Host OS: Ubuntu 10.10

I think this thread is usefull to me as a place to quickly link to or cut-and-paste from when I'm asking a question so others know what system I'm using. I think having a blank form for describing your machine, and for print conditions would be useful (temperature of head and bed, plastic type and color, layer height and speeds, etc). Are there other descriptors that might be useful to help troubleshoot, or is it easier to post configuration files when we ask a question?

James H.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login