Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT: Making music with electronic hardware (AKA the _Imperial March_ outdone)

Posted by Larry_Pfeffer 
OT: Making music with electronic hardware (AKA the _Imperial March_ outdone)
February 20, 2012 03:35PM
Greetings all,

Hope you're in a mood for a bit of tech entertainment. I'm sure many of you have heard of and/or heard of a stepper motor/electronics being checked out via playing the Imperial March theme from Star Wars. I've used that, and I respect and appreciate it. However, if you'd like to see an even more impressive adaptation of (not nominally musical) electronic gear used to play music, I urge you to watch and listen to this gem:

The Animals House of the Rising Sun Old School Computer Remix

Enjoy!
Re: OT: Making music with electronic hardware (AKA the _Imperial March_ outdone)
October 13, 2012 04:15PM
Mixing club events with art or exhibition is nothing new. But “nothing new” is part of the idea. It seems to me that there’s an opportunity in this moment to bring together people who make things via a variety of techniques, both traditional and new, digital media but also old media – analog, wood, paper. We can create a new environment for audiences to have a broader experience of music and its resonance in other media, and a space in which these artists can connect their techniques to one another.
Re: OT: Making music with electronic hardware (AKA the _Imperial March_ outdone)
October 15, 2012 08:37AM
Rather pale in comparison to this classic of hardware music:
[vimeo.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login