Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Melzi boards for sale anywhere?

Posted by Pointedstick 
Melzi boards for sale anywhere?
March 22, 2012 11:19AM
I'm pretty excited to try out a Melzi but I haven't been able to find them for sale anywhere outside of buying a RepRapPro Huxley. Anyone know of a source?
Re: Melzi boards for sale anywhere?
March 22, 2012 02:06PM
thereprapkitstore

Are advertising them (again as part of a full kit). Not sure but I think they sell separate Sanguinololu boards on ebay, so you might get lucky contacting them & ask if they would sell you a Melzi separately.

Mike
March 22, 2012 03:56PM
Hello,

We (RepRapPro) hope to have Melzis available separately from the kits soon on eMakershop - [www.emakershop.com]

Kind regards
Sally
March 23, 2012 04:41PM
oh that's cool ! I was desperately waiting to see some Melzi poping up somewhere.

about // liberapay // flickr // wiki // thingiverse - github
March 23, 2012 05:14PM
Anybody know why the thermistor bias resistors are 10K on the Melzi rather than the normal 4K7?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 27, 2012 01:53PM
We wanted to reduce the number of different parts, but it turned out not to make any difference to costs, so we've reverted to 4K7 for the latest design.

Sally
May 06, 2012 05:51AM
nophead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anybody know why the thermistor bias resistors are
> 10K on the Melzi rather than the normal 4K7?

This was a mistake in the schematic and the original RepRapPro Melzis were made with the incorrect resistors necessitating a different temp table to support it.

All future Melzis should be made with 4K7 and use standard temp tables used for most Reprap type electronics.

-- destinal (Eric Duprey)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login