Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not enought filament at new line. (SOLVED)

Posted by zelogik 
Not enought filament at new line. (SOLVED)
May 10, 2012 01:24AM
Hello,

First I have an makerbot mk7, slic3r, marlin.

So I have down and up all parameters one by one (speed, accel, temp) with no good result.
I can't find why the start of each line have not enought filament. I have check that it is not slipping or stringing or mechanical problem.

I don't think I have stupid parameters for retractation (1mm at 15mm)
And I hope that the picture can help you.

Really if somebody can help me, it's can save me from a terrible headache :-D

@+

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2012 08:44AM by zelogik.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20120509_230439.jpg (59.3 KB)
Re: Not enought filament at new line.
May 10, 2012 02:58AM
I reply to me.

I think a have found.

The M204 was set to low. The result seem correct now... but if you have another proposal ... smiling smiley
May 10, 2012 03:03AM
It sure looks like a retraction issue, other than that, your part looks pretty good.

I think that you should turn retraction off especially for jumps less than 2mm. It appears that you are retracting, but there isn't enough time for recovery before you start your next curve.

Retraction isn't necessary for thin wall parts where the printer is continually printing closed loops. It is mostly needed to eliminate strings when you are printing multiple parts, or parts with multiple islands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2012 03:10AM by Beekeeper.
May 10, 2012 03:29AM
It's already the case for the retractation.

In slic3r the parameter for the minimum travel between retractation is set to 2mm...

Need to increase this value?

for the moment the retractation speed is set to 20mm/s, to high or to low i don't know ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2012 03:30AM by zelogik.
May 10, 2012 03:32AM
May 10, 2012 12:06PM
I agree is looks like a retraction issue, try with print without retraction to confirm.

You can add a small amount to the "Extra length on restart" entry in Slic3r I'd try 0.5mm (half that if your using 3mm filament) but honestly it will likely introduce other issues.
I've been fighting similar issues, it seems to be hysteresis as the plastic begins to extrude again, I wish Slic3r had a dwell after retraction setting, though I think it would be close to impossible to tune.
I keep meaning to try a different hot end to see if it's an issue with the configuration.

As an aside if you can get your rapids and acceleration high enough, you can pretty much do away with retraction, and I'm starting to think that the Ultimaker and other very lightweight gantry designs are the way forwards short of adding some sort of solenoid valve to the hot ends.
May 13, 2012 09:03AM
Yes it's an retractation problem.

Without retractation I don't have this problem but I have some blob. And I want One slic3r rule for all kind of work/piece.

So I have put M204 S300.00 T50.00 and YES!!! no more problems, retractation work and no blob :-D

ie: it's work only with high definition (between 0.1 and 0.24 layer high)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login