Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Meccano 3d printer

Posted by Rory166 
Meccano 3d printer
January 04, 2014 04:30PM
Just watched James May racing Manx TT on Meccano Racer. Set me thinking, would it be possible to build a 3d printer from Meccano?

Rory
VDX
Re: Meccano 3d printer
January 04, 2014 04:45PM
... why not? - there were functional 3D-printers made with Lego, Fischer-Technik ... or RepStraps built from all sorts of randomly available materials ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 04, 2014 05:02PM
You might like this technical report: Construction of Rapid Prototyping Testbeds Using Meccano by Vik Olliver. smiling smiley
November 05, 2014 04:45AM
I built a 3D printer using mostly Meccano parts + Reprap Huxley hotend and heated bed.

My son has posted the video of it printing meccano parts on youyube at this address for anyone that might be interested.

[www.youtube.com]
November 05, 2014 06:15AM
MattMoses
You might like this technical report: Construction of Rapid Prototyping Testbeds Using Meccano by Vik Olliver. smiling smiley

Ohhh how I once dreamed of using a glue gun as a printhead... Sadly the material isn't ideal to print with. But it's still a dream.

I have a huge box of meccano laying around. And I'm planning a re-design of my Prusa Air 2. Since the machine is not capable of creating anything good anymore. On the other hand I have a fully digital CNC machine available now and a laser cutter so making my own 'superrigid' MDF 9MM-thick frame is still something that also feels tempting.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login