Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makerbase MKS Base Schematic

Posted by tandukion 
Makerbase MKS Base Schematic
May 05, 2015 12:02AM
Hello guys!

I am quiet new to 3D printer, and I am starting with Delta printer (I bought a Rostock type, D-Force which is made in China). I already test it with two controller board: MKS Base v1.2 (bundled with the D-Force 3D Printer), and Arduino Mega with RepRap RAMPS v1.4 Shield.

I found that with RAMPS, I can not get the heated bed having high temperature (maximum is about 72C, and after that always going down, because the fuse is resetted).
I think that the MKS Base is better, since it is the combination of Arduino MEGA and RAMPS 1.4. http://reprap.org/wiki/MKS_BASE_1.0

And now I am quiet interested, does anyone know the schematic for MKS Base? The reprap wiki also say that this board is not an open source: http://reprap.org/wiki/MKS_BASE.

I really want to know the schematic, because I also want to make my own board for the controller.

Thanks before!
Re: Makerbase MKS Base Schematic
May 05, 2015 09:52AM
you can use the powered output from your ramps board to switch a relay and use a second power supply to heat your heatbed, your warm up times will be a lot shorter, whe I used one power supply it would take 15 minutes or more to reach 100c, once I went to two power supplies it takes 3-4 minutes now and that is for a 12 inch by 12 inch bed.
May 05, 2015 11:33AM
Or replace the polyfuse with a 15amp blade fuse.
Or use an external SSR to do the switching.
Or if you feel adventurous and want to press your luck without fuse protection, power the bed directly from your power supply, bypassing the fuse. Just use the RAMPS board to switch the ground.

If you want to make your own board based on the MEGA chip, just use a RAMPS schematic as a starting point. Or RAMBO. Or RUMBA. Just use better connectors, mosfets, and caps rated at 36V and you'll have a very solid 8-bit design.
May 05, 2015 11:19PM
Thank you for your replies!

lunarkingdom
you can use the powered output from your ramps board to switch a relay and use a second power supply to heat your heatbed, your warm up times will be a lot shorter, whe I used one power supply it would take 15 minutes or more to reach 100c, once I went to two power supplies it takes 3-4 minutes now and that is for a 12 inch by 12 inch bed.

I also plan to use another supply. Hmm but actually I plan to use AC heater, maybe using clothes iron or soldering iron heater, because I think it will save my time and cost (since I can use Power supply with lower ampere, 5A is enough, for other things beside heated bed)

cdru
Or replace the polyfuse with a 15amp blade fuse.
Or use an external SSR to do the switching.
Or if you feel adventurous and want to press your luck without fuse protection, power the bed directly from your power supply, bypassing the fuse. Just use the RAMPS board to switch the ground.

If you want to make your own board based on the MEGA chip, just use a RAMPS schematic as a starting point. Or RAMBO. Or RUMBA. Just use better connectors, mosfets, and caps rated at 36V and you'll have a very solid 8-bit design.

So, I really have to design it from scratch? with Arduino Mega and RAMPS Schematic as references.
It will really help me if I can find the schematic of MKS Base, haha grinning smiley
May 06, 2015 11:15AM
tandukion
So, I really have to design it from scratch? with Arduino Mega and RAMPS Schematic as references.
It will really help me if I can find the schematic of MKS Base, haha grinning smiley
The schematic is available but it basically useless as it's just some XPS (similar to PDF) files that shows the basic individual circuits, but the layout files are not available nor is the schematic available in a reusable form without completely recreating it. It's why there's the two big boxes at the top of it's wiki page that says it doesn't comply with the lowest common denominator of being called open source.

What you likely seek to build your own board is not available. That's why I gave you 3 alternatives that are available and offer nearly the same functionality. You don't have to design it from scratch. They are already designed. If you need a change you can tweak the design from there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login