Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

re-rookie questions

Posted by anode505 
re-rookie questions
July 24, 2012 09:42PM
I had played about a year ago. (mothballed it due to a piss-poor hot end) Back in it with a new Prusa build.

Whats a happy computer (Mac based) software? I remember Replicator, sienkenfoge (sp?) RepSnapper, and some other one. None of which seemed perfect to me. Snapper, if I remember right, allowed nesting parts, Replicator was a single STL file.

So whats the hot ticket these days? I like/want the ability to place different STLs on the nest.

Heated beds: They need to stay hot the whole print?
Re: re-rookie questions
July 24, 2012 10:24PM
Repetier is an excellent host software that works well on Mac. Integrates Slic3r and Skeinforge too. It allows for plating of parts like RepSnapper does.

Heated beds need to stay hot the whole print.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Re: re-rookie questions
July 27, 2012 12:24PM
Thanks,

Now the firmware issues:

I got with the Prusa a Gen6 and a Ramps 1.4.
Nothing conntects with the Gen 6 (Ramps built need to do cables)

I've tried following guides on installing firmware. I get sync errors with Ardruino, or if i use other versions of ardruinio i get compile errors. (I'm a PIC micro controler guy, used to just loading a hex file, seems ther is no compiled file for the ardruinos? the software compiles and installs it, but doesn't save a compiled version?)

I'm on a Mac and tried Windows/Parralells with no real luck either. About to break out a netbook and give it a go. (winblows or linux an *easier* method? )

(linux is still a trainwreck in my book with the pre-requisit hell you go through trying to install something)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login