Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto leveling, Endstop triggers properly, Z won't home

Posted by dwbrown14 
Auto leveling, Endstop triggers properly, Z won't home
November 11, 2015 09:20PM
Hello,

Any ideas/help is MUCH appreciated. This evening I have tried to configure my auto level sensor for Z and have not had success. Printer is an iron 9 x 9, which I have done several upgrades and modifications too. As looking from front of printer X+ to right away from end stop, Y+ towards you away from endstop, Z+ up endstop detects bed (should be min). Ramps 1,4 board. What I have done...

M119, Z endstop is open and triggered properly depending on if metal is held to sensor or not
Sending Z down 10mm and holding a pair of metal pliers the sensor will trigger and stop short of the original commanded 10mm
G28, X homes, then Y homes, then Z does not move at all

Changing Z_HOME_DIR to 1 allows minus z direction to stop by sensor triggering, but if it is set to -1 then z will only move up in positive direction and will not move down at all.

Below is what I believe is the relevant configuration h file segment. Please advise if I should alter anything. This topic has been difficult to research online. THANK YOU for your time and efforts regarding this matter.

//===========================================================================
//=============================Mechanical Settings===========================
//===========================================================================

// Uncomment the following line to enable CoreXY kinematics
// #define COREXY

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#ifndef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
// fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

#ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN---------------------traming head 08182015
#endif

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop. ------------traming head 08182015
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS//Enabled to allow positive movement 11012014 DEB
//#define DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS

// Disable max endstops for compatibility with endstop checking routine
#if defined(COREXY) && !defined(DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS)
#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
#endif

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders

// Disables axis when it's not being used.
#define DISABLE_X false
#define DISABLE_Y false
#define DISABLE_Z false
#define DISABLE_E false // For all extruders
#define DISABLE_INACTIVE_EXTRUDER true //disable only inactive extruders and keep active extruder enabled

#define INVERT_X_DIR false // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR false // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_E0_DIR true // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR 1

#define min_software_endstops true // If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops true // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

// Travel limits after homing
#define X_MAX_POS 200
#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MAX_POS 160
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MAX_POS 219
#define Z_MIN_POS -5

#define X_MAX_LENGTH (X_MAX_POS - X_MIN_POS)
#define Y_MAX_LENGTH (Y_MAX_POS - Y_MIN_POS)
#define Z_MAX_LENGTH (Z_MAX_POS - Z_MIN_POS)
//============================= Bed Auto Leveling ===========================

#define ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING // Delete the comment to enable (remove // at the start of the line)
#define Z_PROBE_REPEATABILITY_TEST // If not commented out, Z-Probe Repeatability test will be included if Auto Bed Leveling is Enabled.

#ifdef ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING
Re: Auto leveling, Endstop triggers properly, Z won't home
November 13, 2015 05:04AM
Where are your settings for probe offset from nozzle? It might not be the problem but the firmware needs to know this in order to move the probe to bed centre to home z- otherwise it might try to move the probe out of the bed area and result in a head crash as there's no bed under the sensor to detect.
November 18, 2015 02:00AM
Did you figure this problem out?
November 21, 2015 02:57AM
i had similar on a smoothieboard, turns out the sencor negative has to attach to the negative of the 'chipset' negative as well as the power, i.e. what ever powers your board needs to share with the inductive sencor, that and i'd entered the mecanical z end stop into the config in 2 places, once where it should be in the end stop section,(that bit stays) then i'd enered it in the probe sencor section too as well as the probe.

(the 6-36v sencor works fine on 5v btw, no resisters or mosfets etc needed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2015 02:59AM by munchit1.
January 10, 2016 07:27PM
I did end up solving this problem, the biggest issue was pin selection on the Z end stop, needed 12V supply so had to move positive, negative leads to a jumper off of main input.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login