Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Curled up corners

Posted by alejoal07 
Curled up corners
September 06, 2012 03:17PM
Hi,I'm having a problem with my new prusa... When printing,the corners curl up like this : [i118.photobucket.com] I've tried everything, disabling retract, lowering jerk, lowering perimeter speed, increasing z axis speed and I still get them... What should I do!? I'm about to freak out confused smiley
Re: Curled up corners
September 06, 2012 03:20PM
Lower temperature, use a fan, and I'd check your extrusion is the width you think it is.
i.e. slice and print a single wall test object, and measure the wall thickness compare to expected value and reduce/increase esteps accordingly.
September 07, 2012 04:23AM
For the cube you want to keep the temperature fairly low and keep the speeds low as well.
If your still having issues it could be the extruder isn't calibrated correctly (oozing or not retracting enough on the z lifts) this guide should help a lot.

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
September 08, 2012 08:36AM
reduce flow rate. either by numeric value in skein forge, or if using slic3r adjust the ratio. i think it is excess filament squishing out around the corners. you also could increase layer height.
September 09, 2012 06:34PM
On the 0.5 mm wall thickness calibration object I had a similar thing happening, and using a cooling fan made it go away. Of course there could be several other things at play, but might want to leave the settings as they were and try adding a fan blowing across the print.

Daniel

===================================================
[DMillerRepRap.blogspot.com] -- 3D Printing Blog with Pics, Videos, etc. -- Please view and leave your comments and advice!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login