Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rule request - "The declaration of buisness bias"

Posted by thejollygrimreaper 
Rule request - "The declaration of buisness bias"
September 07, 2012 10:20PM
pulled by author - got better things to do than make the same arguement

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 07:17AM by thejollygrimreaper.

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

Re: Rule request - "The declaration of buisness bias"
September 07, 2012 10:38PM
I vote for this as I was victim to this nonsense over in the CNC world which isn't open source so I would hope here, which is open source, I could be steered right, or anyone for that matter.

It would be like walking into an automobile showroom and asking for help in finding the best automobile available for the amount of money you can spare. You will not get an unbiased opinion all the while they are shaking your hand and patting you on the back telling you they are there for you and they wouldn't steer you wrong. Cool, a new friend (lol) so you buy it and find out it was on the lemon list. Yep, I can do without that here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 10:38PM by Dark Alchemist.
September 07, 2012 11:11PM
thejollygrimreaper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is there any reason why this isn't a rule already?

How would this in any way be enforced? It is a good idea, but could only be based on the honor system.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
September 07, 2012 11:23PM
NewPerfection Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thejollygrimreaper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > is there any reason why this isn't a rule
> already?
>
> How would this in any way be enforced? It is a
> good idea, but could only be based on the honor
> system.
Yep, but once found out that someone was doing this they would be banned and their company banned. Heck, I would go so far as to put their company on black list of words the forum wouldn't allow if caught.

Basically if you have no honour you do not belong among us is how I feel but I am sure the enforcement part could easily be easily done but do we even have any mods on here? I mean we don't even have a forum that does quotes right YET you can do them by hand with the tag (acts like we have an admin who doesn't exactly care about this place or is over his head with this code and place).
September 07, 2012 11:47PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 07:18AM by thejollygrimreaper.
September 08, 2012 12:24AM
I always turn sigs off myself jolly on all forums I frequent so I think something under their name signifying if they are a part of a business, etc...
September 08, 2012 03:57AM
Most of us have sold at least one set of RepRap parts, does that make us all classified as sellers, and biased when it comes to giving advice?

Sellers with a bad reputation that try to use the forum to advertise, will very quickly be shouted down. This is why we don't see many of them around these parts. Also, many sellers do have a link to their shop in the signature already, and that isn't any sign of said shop being trustworthy.

I see nothing wrong in honest suppliers (say lulzbot, ultimachine, reprappro and hotends.com from the top of my head) suggesting their own products on the forums, they are after all part of "The Good Guys(TM)" and are helping the community in many ways.

It polices itself pretty well, and it will not be beneficial in any way to add rules as there are few to no ways to enforce them in an open forum.

If you want a non-filtered strong opinions about various shops and sellers, drop by IRC.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
September 08, 2012 05:23AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 07:18AM by thejollygrimreaper.
September 08, 2012 08:58AM
"Good guys" always give the user a choice. While I make and offer Generation 7 Electronics only, I also mention competitors where they fit. They fit often smiling smiley

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

September 08, 2012 09:11AM
i'm new around here.
i haven't seen much hawking of goods offered when questions come.

I personally have an question/advice wanted thread, and Royco, who is Azteeg, hasn't pushed X3 on me.
I know he is busy, meeting his back log of orders, though.

I'm enjoying the atmosphere,and spend too much time here now.
I need to design more, fabricate more, and focus.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login