Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thingiverse Replacement? Tinkercad?

Posted by Elbot 
Thingiverse Replacement? Tinkercad?
September 24, 2012 04:13AM
Hey guys,

I'd hate to lose access to all the wonderful stuff you've posted on Thingiverse. How's about posting them on Tinkercad temporarily until you figure out what to do with your *.stl files if you've removed them from Thingiverse?

This is from the terms of service on Tinkercad:
We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service or create using the Service.

Guys, please repost your files on the internet so the community won't lose your talent.

Thanks,
Elbot.
Re: Thingiverse Replacement? Tinkercad?
September 24, 2012 06:08AM
Thingiverse.com is the dating site for 3d printers. period.
September 24, 2012 08:28AM
Tinkercad is going to be charging for it's service soon if not already.

I started to use it, then stopped.

If we want a Thingiverse alternative for RepRap, then the community will need to do it themselves.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
September 24, 2012 08:51AM
This is Kai from Tinkercad. We currently don't let you download the original STL even if we store. We are more focused on letting people edit the STL after importing than acting as an file archival service.

I think richrap is right, either store the files on something like GitHub that lets you have byte perfect downloads or have the community come up with some kind of service.

--
Kai Backman, CEO
[tinkercad.com] - Mind to design in minutes
September 24, 2012 09:02AM
Just as an aside, I found this in-browser alternative to tinkercad: [shapesmith.net]
September 24, 2012 09:32AM
No to Tinkercad.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login