Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone using a Printrbed?

Posted by DGC PartWorks 
Anyone using a Printrbed?
October 24, 2012 10:38AM
The Printrbed from Printrbot seems like it might be a good solution for adding a heated bed to my Mendel, but I emailed them two days ago asking for more info and still haven't gotten any response. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this particular product or on their experiences in dealing with the company in general.

Here's the link: Printrbed 8x8

I wanted to know what voltage the device requires, what the power rating is, how thick it is and what temperature range it works in. None of this information is on their website, but hopefully they will actually respond to my email at some point.

Maybe there's an alternate product that can be recommended?

Thx,

Brian-
Re: Anyone using a Printrbed?
October 24, 2012 02:44PM
Whats wrong with an MK1, MK2 or Helios board?

The Printbed states 8x8x.1 so .1 inches is 2.54mm.

-Tom
October 24, 2012 03:13PM
Sniper4395 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whats wrong with an MK1, MK2 or Helios board?

What a curious question... I never said there was anything wrong with them, in fact I had not heard of them before.

Thanks for pointing them out to me.

B-
October 24, 2012 06:11PM
You have to learn to get onboard with the political machine! There's dogma to be followed, and profits need to be funneled to the "right" people...

The printrboard looks kinda nice, and it has pre-soldered thermistor and heater circuit wiring, although I'd like to get a look at the trace pattern to see if they've done a better job than the hack that J.Prusa did with the MK1.

Shame I didn't know about that product before I purchased my MK1. Thanks for the link. I'll keep it in mind when I build another.
October 25, 2012 11:03AM
After considering the options I will probably go with the Printrbed mostly because it is already wired, connectorized and includes the thermistor sensor necessary for temperature control. I will probably get a standalone power supply to drive it as well, since it's hard to be confident of the ability of a standard ATX supply to handle the load.

I'm gonna spend more time printing with PLA in the meantime, to get more comfortable and capable with the overall process.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login