Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print bed on prusa 2

Posted by prairiewolf407 
print bed on prusa 2
November 18, 2012 05:13AM
so guys i been thought all the differnt wiki and there that much differnt information so i can't work it out what am i meant to do ?

is ther 1 bed or 2 beds can't work it out?

Thanks for any help
Re: print bed on prusa 2
November 18, 2012 07:57AM
There is in fact TOO much information on the wiki, it basically comes down to more ways of doing it. It's a build option, and people can debate the right/wrong/best way of doing it for years to come.

You need to decide on what kind of platform you want to build, get inspiration from others
November 18, 2012 10:07AM
Prusa2 has only one bed plate. The y smooth rods mount on top of the threaded instead of below it so that the single build plate clears the frame. Most people mount a PCB heater with glass on top of the bed plate..
November 18, 2012 02:57PM
Yeah prusa 2 only uses 1 bed

i made a system to make mouting and bed leveling easier give it a go if you want

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31090

Supports 4 or 3 mount hole heated beds.

makes for a nice clean install
November 19, 2012 02:23AM
so the heated bed mount stright onto the bearing holders?

and the size of glass would be 220x220?
November 19, 2012 04:38AM
stil plenty of people using two beds like this

November 19, 2012 08:30AM
prairiewolf407
so the heated bed mount stright onto the bearing holders?

No. The bed plate mounts on the bearing holders. This is made with at least 3 mm aluminum, plywood, hardboard, mdf etc. Then the PCB heater is mounted with screws with air space in between for insulation. Then the ~3mm glass.

prairiewolf407
and the size of glass would be 220x220?

The Mk1 heat PCB is 214mm x 214mm. If your glass is as big or larger than the board, then you have to mount the PCB so that you don't have anything sticking above the mounting holes in order to put the glass on top of it. I did this by installing the mounting screws from the bottom of the build plate so from the bottom I have: screw head, nut, bed plate, nut, nut, Mk1, glass. I don't have a good photo but you can see it 10 s into this video.

The Helios PCB is made with a thicker board with counter sunk holes so you can screw it on the build plate using flat head screws. It's also has extra tabs to make it easier to clamp the glass plate on top. But since it's thicker you sacrifice some build height.

asger
stil plenty of people using two beds like this

That's not really the Prusa2 design. You do that when the smooth rods are mounted below the threaded frame rods. In the Prusa2, the smooth rods are above the threaded rods and doing that would result is less z build height.
November 20, 2012 05:14AM
thank's for that worked it all out now

but now i have a problem with my electricks there where working fine but now only the YX motor's will move and there moving slower then before

any idea's?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login