Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

should I make WhiteAnt CNC.

Posted by vanthien1993 
should I make WhiteAnt CNC.
November 22, 2012 12:21AM
WhiteAnt CNC is a type about RepRap.It cheap because It is maked from polywood.You have maked WhiteAnt,do you give me an ideal?
Re: should I make WhiteAnt CNC.
November 22, 2012 08:10AM
wow, sorry but I want to help you improve your English.

"WhiteAnt CNC is a type of Reprap. It is cheap because it is made from plywood. If you have made a WhiteAnt, can you give me an idea?"

Well, I've not made a WhiteAnt, but I've made 3 Prusa Mendels. Now I'm planning to build a Mendel90 because it seems to be very simple and rigid. The problem I have now with my Prusa is the flex happening with the frame, when the X-axis moves in high speed (around 100mm/s) the entire frame sways and makes the straight lines become wavy especially immediately after corners.

I think Mendel90 is cheaper too because of the minimal number of pieces and joints.
November 22, 2012 09:41AM
The whiteant is the best documented repstrap out there so if you dont want to buy 3d printed parts for a mendel90, had access to a reasonably equipped wood shop, and had more than a few weekends to tinker with it you should go for it. Otherwise hit nophead up for some mendel90 parts.
November 22, 2012 10:02AM
hi ahbtsang.I'm from VietNam.my English level isn't good.I will try.I've made 3 Prusal Mendel, how much is it? Do you have document about 3 prusal mendel ? could you give it me? thank you. Mail: thanhliem242@gmail.com. In VietNam,no have document about RepRap?
November 22, 2012 11:22AM

In VietNam,no have document about RepRap?

Are you aware of the RepRap wiki? [wiki.reprap.org]

Plenty of documentation there, including some for the Mendel.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login