Scad Make files? how to use them
January 04, 2013 01:44PM
I have tried everything i can think of to use make files with open scad

can some one put me out of my misery please and tell me
Re: Scad Make files? how to use them
January 04, 2013 03:45PM
January 05, 2013 06:48AM
i cannot see anything for using Make files in there?

for an example the prusa 3 make file reads

openscad -o output/bushing.stl bushing.scad INCLUDES = $(wildcard inc/*.scad) MODELS = $(filter-out configuration.scad, $(wildcard *.scad)) STL_FILES_1 = $(foreach src, $(MODELS),output/$(src)) STL_FILES = $(STL_FILES_1:%.scad=%.stl) all: $(STL_FILES) output/%.stl: %.scad $(INCLUDES) configuration.scad mkdir -p output openscad -o $@ $<

that to me looks similar to something like a command promt or batch file .

but iv tried that in the same directory as openscad and the files but get errors.
January 05, 2013 07:25AM
i hate it when it's been done that, mostly because if one dependand file is missing or gets changed, it turns into a night mare,

why are you trying to generate the files as opposed to just downloading them
January 05, 2013 08:15AM
It would help a lot if you told what system you are using, where you got the makefile from, and what the output is. There nothing particular to know about openscad and makefiles. If you can run make, and run openscad, you can call openscad from makefiles.

ETA, just realised the problem might be simpler. "makefiles" are basically script files for the "make" program. To "run" them, go to a command window, cd to the directory with the makefile and just type "make". This should work out of the box on Unix. On windows, you'll need at least a suitable version of make, I suggest this one [gnuwin32.sourceforge.net]. You may also need to add openscad to your path variable, e.g. PATH %PATH%;"C:\Programs\openscad-2011.06" changing the location to where you have installed openscad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2013 08:42AM by bobc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login