Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sumpod - Disappointments and Alternatives.

Posted by MrBlather 
Sumpod - Disappointments and Alternatives.
January 19, 2013 09:14AM
After 6 months of promises and disappointments I've still not received my Sumpod. It was a present for my 40th Birthday and I was looking to revisit my days as an engineer. I had about 5 months of emails telling me it was on the way and now there is silence and his phone number is disconnected so it's not looking good.
I'm now in the unfortunate position where I'm going to have to start legal proceedings which is a long way away from my state of mind in July, I'd advise anyone in the same position to do the same as it seems to be the only way to get the manufacturers attention.

Anyway I still have a lot of enthusiasm for 3D printing and am looking for some alternatives, if they are available in the UK all the better.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Re: Sumpod - Disappointments and Alternatives.
January 19, 2013 10:20AM
I believe Nophead is in the UK, (he's in Europe somewhere).

You may wan't to consider his Mendel90, it has many many people that love it. (I'm ordering some parts from him in a few weeks)
January 20, 2013 06:01PM
In the UK I would recommend nophead's Mendel 90 (send him a pm), or a RepRapPro Mendel from the RepRap founder himself, Adrian Bowyer ( [reprappro.com] ).

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 25, 2013 08:51AM
Snap!

I also had the same experience... i paid £735 9 months ago and have not received anything. I finally asked for my money returned. i got an email saying " I thought i had already informed you, that is not possible' and then a "do it through Paypal'. But i had been strung along with so many false.... 'orders going out now' emails the 45day deadline to complain to expired. Have called Richard who was uninterested.
March 25, 2013 09:11AM
+1 for Mendel90. I have one and I love it!
March 25, 2013 01:13PM
Ya I would recommend nopeheads mendel 90, he has a great reputation and he is fairly close. Sorry about your situations. It always makes me upset when people take advantage from the reprap community. At reprap squad we have gone about only dealing with people we know or people that are recommended by you guys at reprap forums. I've also added a page to my site for people to post their good as well as bad experiences. This will hopefully help out future buyers, www.reprapsquad.wordpress.com it is posted under, "The good and the bad" in the page header. Please post comments with your story and I will add it to the page. Thank you and again I'm sorry about your situation.
Re: Sumpod - Disappointments False promises
March 05, 2014 10:51PM
With great sadness do I write this.......…

I have sent countless emails to Sumpod for almost 1 year, similar to the one below.
If I ever receive all the peices, I will assemble the printer and give an honest review...
I believe that possible customer should just be aware... I have suffered embarassment explaining this situation to my BOSS and collegues.

But, I am to this day..... being given false promises...
It is always.. "it is going out in a few days"

===============================

But I Feel you have taken advantage of my patience and kindness.

I don’t require a upgrade/change… I need a printer first.
You may have foregotten that I Paid over $4000 to you in good faith for a custom MEGA. (200mm larger)
I am now only asking for ANY Printer - It has been incredibly almost 1 year!! Richard

No good deed goes unpunished – seems to be my case here.:
I have patiently been waiting and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting for my MEGA order that has been fully paid back in APRIL or MAY 2012…!!

Received partial order of several parts … but missing several critical parts…. Like frame, power-supply and head … and waiting, and waiting
Have had contact with SUMPOD and received many, many, many promises…but only false promises..

and waiting, false tracking numbers, false promises…..

In fact, this is so unprofessional, I don’t know what to do. Have never experienced this before to this degree.
Honestly, I would prefer if SUMPOD would just tell me, “get lost! We are never going to send your printer parts!!!” - At least my company and I would have closure.
Instead, waiting almost 1 year!
A2
March 07, 2014 12:06AM
Voice your complaints to these sites:

International Financial Scams
[travel.state.gov]

eConsumer
[www.econsumer.gov]

Internet Crime Complaint Center
[www.ic3.gov]

International Chamber of Commerce
[www.iccwbo.org]

Check a company’s back ground and history– Dun & Bradstreet for credit reports/financial info
[www.hoovers.com.]

scambusters
[www.scambusters.com]

antifraudnews
[www.antifraudnews.com]

Forum
[www.scam.com]
March 09, 2014 05:31PM
Thank you so much for the advise....
It is difficult to have to do this.
As I do not want to cause harm to Sumpod's Business....
However, Sumpod does not seem to hold the same conscientious courtesy as we do.. his customer.
Sumpod's practices can damage a customers well being....
I would hate for other potential customers to experience the same.
(reason for posting on this site)

Thank you again,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login