Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help

Posted by Mikebit77 
Help
February 23, 2013 08:39AM
Can anyone help me I have followed all the instruction I can find online but I still can not get my motors to work
Re: Help
February 23, 2013 09:59AM
Without knowing more, I can only guess at the problem.

1. Do you have a 12V power supply attached to the RAMPs board?
1a. Is it turned on. (I get caught by this occasionally as the Arduino/RAMPS lights up and talks to the computer with just the USB 5v.)
The motors and heated bed/extruder need the 12v.

2. How are your motors wired?
The RepRap Ramps wiki says they should be:

From left to right, wire all of the stepper motor's wires as red, blue, green, and black or red, green, yellow, blue into the pins next to the Pololus.

If this dosen't help, please explaine more what you have done/are doing when the motors aren't working.

Komb'
Glankonian Protoforms
February 28, 2013 07:04AM
I have 12v power connected to my ramps 1.4 which is connected to a arduino mega connected to a pc
I've followed the wiring instructions on the wiki my pc says the printer is on line but nothing works or heats up
February 28, 2013 07:19AM
usb powers logic, so it will say printer is online. is your power supply turning on? have you grounded the power on wire?

ps_on needs to be grounded in order for 12v supply to work. take a paper clip from one of the gnd pins and the other side place in the ps_on.

is your fan turned on for pc supply. if not this is another indication that it is still off and only producing standby 5v, and 3v voltages with minimal current.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2013 07:20AM by jamesdanielv.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login