size of steppers for i3

Posted by chris33 
size of steppers for i3
March 03, 2013 07:19AM
are they 47 or 48 body length
Re: size of steppers for i3
March 03, 2013 08:14AM
Iv used various normal Nema17 sizes for my i3 wooden, aluframe and mini i3

But to note that it is normal and correct for them to not touch the table.

I did run into trouble with my mini i3 with stepper motors being too long.
Turned out it was problem with my printed parts.
I disabled turn off Z stepper while not in use in the firmware and the parts printed correct again.
March 03, 2013 08:53AM
Yeah its all mashed up on the wiki abit and github for i3 but I like the possibility of easy access to the x carriage for the purpose of my development im nervous about the frames im getting cut as before xmas the was a jo-final branch but not there now and I gave the company the file he picked up on the prusa lettering at top wasnt going to be block lettering as shown on the wiki pic got it changed to saying just i3 but then realised theres big holes in each corner which I dont know what they for but lol I see why just after typin that they prob for the motor wires go through. Also looked at diagram again I picked up on right inner corner of frame bottom vertex isnt correct I hope the company whos cutting my frames out notices Theres a few different variances with the i3 the stepper motor issues as designed looks they will sit on the table/desk adding a bit stability, but if I use small ones the will pull down on plastic parts which imagine causes too much stress on them, would these or does the vibration collar not come off ebay link
March 03, 2013 09:25AM
not sure about those motors no mention of torque on them and are very cheap.

i have had zapp creatives in the past but i normally use

Emaker shop Think3dPrint3d

Guys name is roland very helpfull drop him an email.

dont know if it will help

This is the frame im using

[www.dropbox.com]

made by prusa distributed by reprap source.

in regards to the motors pulling the plasic down if you have 50% + infill you should be fine
March 03, 2013 03:40PM
> Emaker shop Think3dPrint3d
>
> Guys name is roland very helpfull drop him an
> email.

I have also used one of these motors and it works fine.
March 04, 2013 01:08PM
on interscape i drew a line from centre of the motor mount plastic to the bottom of the frame and it roughly measured 40mm i really need to know the size as i by wrong size then they wont fit cheers
March 04, 2013 04:07PM
well i look at the pic on the wiki zoomed in and they size 48 so hopefully if i get that size they'll fit
March 04, 2013 05:37PM
i've decided now i've paid and waiting on frame and parts im going to concentrate on the rest of the mechanical stuff like bearings smooth rod and threaded rod first, then ill be able to make the measurement myself and make sure and break it down in to three phases mechanical build electronic build and calibration,instead of having everything in front of you and spending 24 hrs straight building it from scratch.
I am new to this so its a big learning curve and don't want to do it half heartedly, so splitting up and concentrating on each one will hopefully make me getting it correct.
Their is so much conflicting ideas with the electronics which im trying to get grips with all the different boards and what they can and cannot offer, i know i want to be able solder it myself even though i have no experience, another reason to do it phases, the reason i want to solder the job myself is cost and would have to learn some sort of good soldering skills lol.
I am really fascinated in doing this build to prove some people wrong they have given me the motivation, i am a average Joe person ain't got a real skill set but love engineering i've operated different press brake machinery cnc and manual machines and operated abb robot welders and laser and plasma cutters to punch cutters, i now work in the bearing factory operating a cnc bore grind machine unfortunately they don't make l8muu, so hope fully the knowledge i've got from there and the help i get asking for knowledge will guide me ok through this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login