Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mezli board broken?

Posted by Maarten Visser 
Mezli board broken?
March 13, 2013 08:49AM
OK, I've been stupid. I ordered my hardware (Prusa) from thereprapkitstore.co.uk, which is out of business now. They sent me wrong lengths of timing belt, one LM8uu lacking, no endstops, a dead power supply, no instructions and probably a broken Melzi board. I have the reprap program running, but I have no idea if the computer is talking to the printer. The led on the board does not come on whatever i do, and when I power the board I do not feel the motors "harden" . How do I know if the board is broken?
Thanks a lot, Maarten ( who is not a computer expert)

flutelab makes ergonomical flutes and adaptive woodwinds
Re: Mezli board broken?
March 13, 2013 10:13AM
It isn't normal for either the LED to come on, or the motors to energise until you send gcode commands to tell it to do so.

You could try following the testing section in the Mendel90 manual as that also uses Melzi. https://github.com/nophead/Mendel90/blob/master/dibond/manual/Mendel90_Dibond.pdf?raw=true

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 13, 2013 11:13AM
Thanks, nophead.
I get the following from pronterface:
Printer is now online.
SD Start
SD init fail
Soft PWM Init
Planner Init
Stepper Timer init
Free Ram: 480
Plan Buffer Size:1152 / 16
(by the way: pronterface is missing a few buttons. I am supposed to rename or remove .pronsolerc, but that file is nowhere to be found. Can live with that I suppose)
Mind you, the document you linked to refers to an SD card, but my Melzi came without one.
So.. what I do now?

flutelab makes ergonomical flutes and adaptive woodwinds
March 13, 2013 11:54AM
Yes it won't come with an SD card, that is part of the Mendel90 kit.

Send G code commands with the send field and button on pronterface. Use the examples in the manual to test the motors, limit switches, etc. Note there are some differences in the direction of the axes on Mendel90 compared to a standard Mendel, but you should be able to see if the board is working.

You can also use the jog buttons.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login