Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let's reconsider...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Let's reconsider...
March 18, 2013 08:02PM
Well, if we are on to definitions, let's see what wikipedia has to say.

Ugly American

Definition

The Encarta dictionary defines "Ugly American" as: stereotypical offensive American: a loud, boorish, nationalistic American, especially one traveling abroad, who is regarded as conforming to a stereotype that gives Americans a bad reputation.[14]

Dictionary.com defines "the Ugly American" as: Pejorative term for Americans traveling or living abroad who remain ignorant of local culture and judge everything by American standards.[15]

BTW, my "hero" of the open source movement is Richard Stallman - an American.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 08:04PM by bobc.
March 19, 2013 02:32AM
ohioplastics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Definitions of eurotrash:
> 1. Self-aggrandizing Europeans who condescend
> Americans, yet consume massive amounts of American
> culture and appropriate it as their own.
> 2. A European that is a self-proclaimed
> post-modern intellectual and sports a
> self-perpetuating ego to suit.
> 3. Europeans visiting America who boast of wealth,
> fame, and nobility, while in truth, have none of
> such things.

Where do you think Americans originally came from, besides the native Americans? Do you think the Mayflower sailed from California to NewYork?

I'm amazed that you expect to make money doing anything, and still have an attitude that drives you to babble on like this about the 1% of the people that you didn't like at the show. If you want to prosper in life, then focus your attention on the 99% you did like, and leave this kind of crap to the mindless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 02:34AM by Tekwizard.
Anonymous User
March 20, 2013 12:46AM
The mayflower was English protestants. I'm Irish German Catholic. Jeff Moe, mr big shot CEO; you're just another mouthbreather. This guy emails my mom. Who does that? She was there. She agrees with me. Anyways let's keep our moms out of it. Send all your hate mail to me at Kyle@ohioplasticsandsafetyproducts.com
March 20, 2013 02:00AM
This just keeps getting better and better :-D
VDX
March 20, 2013 04:21AM
... no real fun here -- thread is flagged and I'll delete it, if this gets out of control eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 20, 2013 04:21AM

^ For OP winking smiley

Dude, Josef Prusa already apologized and you insisted in going on, calling names and thus insulting a large part of this forum. Although I do not think how he put his apology was the best way to do so, his intention was clear. No wonder that you are getting flak now.
March 20, 2013 09:43AM
@ohioplastics: I hope you know that you've completely ruined any chance you may have had of getting business from the folks on this forum. Part of being a good businessman is not pissing off your potential customers, seems you have a lot to learn winking smiley
March 20, 2013 12:49PM
I have a message for all of you.

*driveby trolling*
March 20, 2013 06:02PM
Polygonhell Wrote:
> You put people on a pedestal you'll be
> disappointed.
> You're not going to agree with everyone, and your
> not going to get along with everyone.
> Just because people don't agree with your ideals
> doesn't make them or for that matter you bad.

+1. I don't understand a lot of the views here. Its great to single out "the man" and stick it to China or whatever. At the end of the day, money has to exchange hands to create the value to get the RAW materials you needed to build your bestbuy factory in a box, you only need less money because there is less value to go around after cutting out all those manufacturers. And at the end of the day - that means ONE thing. Artists are the futures rich engineer replacement.
March 20, 2013 06:08PM
Traumflug Wrote: <<< +1
macegr Wrote: <<<< +1
Tekwizard <<<< +10000

Ohioplastics, I think you've put someone on a pedastol. People are people. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me the owner of every growingly famous/successful company was an arrogant ****. It kinda concides hand in hand with making waves in the first place.

Personally, I got into this so late, I don't think about the founders unless they actually communicate with me. I'll refer to them as a fact of history, rather the people that matter actually actively post and work on the project here, and even better if they were founders.

I don't really know why I don't get what this whole reprap movement stands on - american pride, bringing manufacturing back to america, sticking it to the man. Whats next is off grid living, no taxes, and guns?

How about this: its just cool to build something faster and easier than ever before and be able to recognize and appreciate something as big as the computer or internet but because of modern day communication be able to appreciate it so early, what a gift that is. Why all these issues of agnst I don't understand. We just slowed down the internet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2013 06:11PM by Simba.
Anonymous User
March 20, 2013 07:25PM
Let's be clear, I have nothing against the Chinese. For that matter, I have nothing against the Europeans. I guess I just don't fit in with the hipster occupy wallstreet crowd. Just relax people. I'm not a bigot. I lean towards confrontation maybe more than I should. Being in the Marines will do that to you.

When my mom offered Mr. Prusa her business card, he flat out refused. She offered it to him a second time and he said and I quote, "There's no way your company could be my supplier." She wasn't asking Mr. Prusa to buy 100#'s of ABS. She just offered him a business card.

I am employed in a family business. I know most of you will never want to buy from me because I called Mr. Prusa eurotrash on a reprap forum. It's like calling Wayne Gretsky a loser in Canada. But some things are more important that money. Like family. And defending your brand. My brand happens to be made in America. We're proud of that. It might not sound so bad to people on here. But It was pretty rude. I accept Mr Prusa's "apology" and I apologize in turn for calling him eurotrash.

I don't know what it was like to grow up in a communist state. I can't imagine what that must have been like. And, I can't judge people by my standards. It might have been a cultural misunderstanding. But I stand my ground on Mr. Prusa criticising MBI. When you crap on the American brand, I crap on you. That's all I have to say.
March 20, 2013 09:13PM
ohioplastics Wrote:
> The mayflower was English protestants. I'm Irish
> German Catholic. Jeff Moe, mr big shot CEO; you're
> just another mouthbreather. This guy emails my
> mom. Who does that? She was there. She agrees with
> me. Anyways let's keep our moms out of it. Send
> all your hate mail to me at
> Kyle@ohioplasticsandsafetyproducts.com

I emailed the address on your company's site. How could I know that is your mom?
March 20, 2013 10:18PM
Some people just don't know how to interact with others. Probably some trauma there causing mistrust and snap decisions based on minor details. A lot of the time, part of it is feeling entitled to lots of attention, regardless of whether it's good or bad. I'd advise simply deleting this thread and any others that ohioplastic takes in unnecessary, self-centered directions. It's not like he really needs our approval, I'm sure his mom thinks he's just the greatest.
March 21, 2013 03:38AM
Was this really necessary, macegr? This thread was indeed very unfortunate and misguided (even if Josef Prusa was subjectively or even objectively rude at that time) so far, but his other contributions to the forum were mostly helpful.

@ohioplastics: It doesn't really matter to me whether it was Prusa, me or any other person whom you ranted against - just stick to common etiquette and it is all cool.

Can't we let it rest already and be nice to each other on this forum?
June 04, 2013 02:47PM
i be ohioplastic, no jebba. jebba blocked from youtube video on here. lulzbot owner too strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[www.youtube.com]
June 05, 2013 10:20PM
What?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login