Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which is the better 3D printer for starter

Posted by Lorcan 
Which is the better 3D printer for starter
April 03, 2013 10:26AM
Hey All,

was wondering, which 3D printer is the better printer for a starter?
Definitely would like the possibility of multiple color printing.
but what is the cheapest version out there and which is better for a beginner in this sector?
your experiences would be appreciated ;-)

kind regards,
Lorcan

And have fun printing :-)
Check out the Reprappro Mendel, has support for 3 colors
Re: Which is the better 3D printer for starter
April 03, 2013 02:29PM
I started out with a MakerGear Prusa. I dont know if one mfg is better than another but id stick with a well known mfg for your first experience. The standard Prusa design would be my recomendation simply because is been around for awhile and there are so many out there, and when you need support the majority of people can help because most everyone has some experience on a Prusa. And trust me if its your first time you will be asking for help at some time.
April 03, 2013 03:14PM
Not sure where you are based but i am in the uk
I bought a Mendel 90 , it turned up quickly an any questions I have Nophead (Chris) has answered within hours.
The machine is producing top quality prints. As good as anything else I have seen
Steve
April 04, 2013 01:52AM
Depends on the amount of money you want to spend, how,knowledgable you are, and size requirements. There are a few machines that do multi colors and their are mods for most that can make me multicolor.
April 04, 2013 09:11AM
I am finishing up my Rostock Max build. It was a pretty easy build. I hope to have it printing today. The tricky part was getting the host software to run nicely on my mac. I figured that out last night, but I would have had that problem regardless of the printer I picked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login