Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One axis running backwards

Posted by mondo50m 
One axis running backwards
April 10, 2013 10:18AM
I have completed my MendelMax 1.5 build. The X axis homes to the far left of the printer, the Z homes to within 1 mm of the glass, Y homes all the way to the rear of the printer. That part is good. Now, when I try to manually move the printer bed by using the jog controls in Pronterface, the bed runs in the opposite direction of what it is supposed to. If I press 100mm to come towards the front of the printer, it goes to the rear of the printer. This is the only axis that is backwards. It is plugged into the ramps correctly. I just do not get it. So consequently, when I try to print the bed goes in the opposite direction to start the print, it comes forward when it should go backward to go to the center of the bed. PLEASE HELP!!!

Milt
Re: One axis running backwards
April 11, 2013 04:07AM
If you press the UP button in pronterface and the bed comes forward to you then THIS IS CORRECT!
You are specifying the position of the HOTEND and not the BED!!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
April 11, 2013 05:19AM
[Edit] My mistake, there are 2 threads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2013 05:42AM by printb.it.

PrintB.it
April 11, 2013 09:18AM
I'm not sure if theres a real problem here, you say the bed homes to the rear of the machine but then say you expect it to move backwards to get to the center?

But, yes, most of these threads result from the confusion of the Y axis moving the part relative to the head, where X and Z move the head relative to the part. Try a print, if it comes out mirrored you have a real problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login