Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with my 2nd Melzi board

Posted by thing6he 
Problems with my 2nd Melzi board
April 18, 2013 02:56PM
Hi everybody!

Today I tried to upgrade my RepRapPro Mendel to Multi-Colour but after installing all the hardware it seems that the Slave Controler wont comuicate correctly with the Master Controler. The in Pronterface displayed Temperature of the slave-hotends is always -273° and I can not give a command to Extruder 1 or 2.
Everything on the Master controler works correctly.

This is a Picture taken after the connection to the printer. Maybe someone can see something there to find the problem.

Full Size Picture : [www.bilder-hochladen.net]

What I have done:
I have updated the masters firmware to RepRapPro Multicolour
The 4Way controler-connection-wire should be installd right. RX to TX, Tx to Rx, Scl to Scl and Rst to Rst.
Ohm and Volt of the Thermistors of the Slave are the same like the Thermistors of the Master (meassured at the Slave controler Pins)

So I hope you can help me.

Thanks!

Edit:
I just noticed that if I choose a Tool (T1 or T2 in G-Code-Line) then on every click on "Check Temp" or "Set Temp" the Extruder motor of the choosen Tool make a step. Whats going wrong?

one more edit:
For testing the controller I installed Marlin Master on the Slave controller and it worked very well. So the Thermistors and all the other hardware is Ok. Just the connection between the Master and the Slave wont work. So I think it must have something to do with the wireing between Master and Slave or with the Software (Firmwares) of Master or Slave. But the Firmware is originally from RepRapPro. I had not changed it. Maybe I forgot an important step? Is there someone who could upload a picture of the finish wired Slave controller?
I am thankfully for every hint someone could give me.
Re: Problems with my 2nd Melzi board
April 19, 2013 06:50PM
Check you have moved the central power jumper so it's on the two pins close to the connectors (to power the board from the mains cable rather than USB ) and removed the auto reset jumper (next to the thermistor connectors) on BOTH boards. See last paragraph of this section: [reprappro.com]

Update the firmware on each board with the latest firmware from: [github.com]
Reset the EEPROM settings following this instructions: [reprappro.com]

Post the response to an M503 command.

That should get you close!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2013 08:16PM by droftarts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login