Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In person meetups around 3D printing?

Posted by Alinashen 
In person meetups around 3D printing?
April 25, 2013 04:19AM
Have any of you attended 3D printing meetups? What do you like to see in a meetup and what makes it successful in your eyes?
Re: In person meetups around 3D printing?
April 25, 2013 08:04AM
I haven't been to one yet, but something I would be looking for is a very casual atmosphere where people can openly chat about issues they are having and discuss new ideas/materials/printer/etc...

As with nearly all social events its normally the people who make it successful not the event itself.
VDX
April 25, 2013 09:47AM
... here in Germany we too start spreading 'hacker-spaces' or 'bot-caves' in the big cities -- my nearest are in Offenbach/M or Frankfurt/M, maybe 1 hour on train or 45 minutes by car ... have plans to init one in my vicinity winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 25, 2013 04:29PM
I've been to the Toronto 3D Printers group several times.

Always good to see new and different printers there. Talk with the regulars and help the new people.

The best is when I get to talk about my latest builds/creations. winking smiley

They're a great bunch.

Komb'
Glankonian Protoforms
April 25, 2013 09:05PM
Hi Komb:

What you have said is also the thing we will do,in the meetups,we usually can see different printers,and also the things someone has made by himself,this is the best thing,it is cool
April 25, 2013 09:07PM
Hello Viktor:

Hope yo can have a successfully meetup around your place.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 25, 2013 09:09PM
Hello :

Your thinking is very good,the atmosphere is very casual and happy,you can ask or answer any question related to the 3d printer,material, and the things you have made.

Alina
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login