Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help changing pin assignments on RAMBo board

Posted by alpalwal 
Need help changing pin assignments on RAMBo board
April 27, 2013 09:52PM
Hi everyone, I finally got a Makergear M2 and I'm just working to get it all set up now.

Everything is together and working except for the extruder motor. When I tell it to spin, it makes sound but doesn't spin. After extensive troubleshooting I've narrowed it down a problem with the board. The guys at Makergear suggested that I change the extruder connection to E1 instead of E0 since it sound like the E0 motor might be dead/dying.

I have the firmware downloaded from here: [makergear.wikidot.com] but I'm not too good with code.

Could someone please let me know which variables I need to change to have the extruder motor be connected to E1 instead of E0? I've been trying to figure it out on my own and it's just not working.
Re: Need help changing pin assignments on RAMBo board
April 27, 2013 10:33PM
Go into pins.h. You want the bottom section, under 'if motherboard == 301'. Find the E0 section and change it to:

#define E0_STEP_PIN         33
#define E0_DIR_PIN          42
#define E0_ENABLE_PIN       25
#define E0_MS1_PIN 63
#define E0_MS2_PIN 64
April 28, 2013 07:48PM
THANK YOU!!! It worked perfectly and I can print now smiling bouncing smiley
April 29, 2013 05:04PM
@Andrew
OK, I thought I'd just trace out the above solution on the RAMBo schematic, and I follow the DIR/STEP/EN pins being reassigned to 33, 42 and 25.

How are the pins for MS1/2 determined to change to 63/64?

Dave
April 29, 2013 06:26PM
Analog pins are numbered independently when used as analog pins, and appended on the end of the digital pins list when used as digital pins. See:
[spreadsheets.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login