Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

anybody knows about the Jet Wiper in CubeX? (for multi-color printing)

Posted by superfan 
anybody knows about the Jet Wiper in CubeX? (for multi-color printing)
May 05, 2013 04:00AM

[www.youtube.com]
[cubex3dprinting.blogspot.com]

looks great if printing multi-color.

anyone tried this before?
Re: anybody knows about the Jet Wiper in CubeX? (for multi-color printing)
May 05, 2013 07:33AM
Here's an video of an old Stratasys FDM2000 that uses a purge/wipe cycle between switching nozzles, but they use brass brushes for the wiping:

[www.youtube.com]

Here's a video of a Rostock take on the wipe feature:

[www.youtube.com]

And finally, the reprappro multi color kit has its software build a hollow cylinder (which they call a 'shield') next to the part on the print bed, which it purges into and wipes on the edge of the shield. I was curious if any of the major opensource slicers have something similar, or if they have any plans to add such a feature? I'm going to be printing with 3 heads, so I'd love this type of feature to be implemented in some of the other opensource slicer solutions.

[reprappro.com]
May 05, 2013 10:22AM

And finally, the reprappro multi color kit has its software build a hollow cylinder (which they call a 'shield') next to the part on the print bed, which it purges into and wipes on the edge of the shield. I was curious if any of the major opensource slicers have something similar, or if they have any plans to add such a feature?

KISSlicer already does this. AFAIK the best workaround for Slic3r is to set the skirt to be the full height of the object.

@superfan: nozzle wiping isn't something 3DS came up with for these printers, it's been around since the first dual head FDM machines.
May 05, 2013 10:49PM
crispy1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> KISSlicer already does this.

Ah, glad to hear. I'm a relative noob experience-wise, but I've read enough to fill a lifetime ha. I'll have to check out KISSlicer more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login