Posted by chris33 
yipee we have movement
June 02, 2013 01:40PM
heres a short video of movement on my prusa i3

going home
Re: yipee we have movement
June 02, 2013 01:56PM
Well done! Nice use of the cable ties smiling smiley

Is the next question going to be "why are my prints mirrored?" I wonder...
June 02, 2013 03:51PM
well enlighten me then and the what do you mean cable ties the coupling is cable wire sleeve my couplings have not arrived yet and i read about that i suppose that my end stops are not in the correct place and the home position isn't correct probably, but this was just to see some movement to see if i can get something out of it instead of being just a load of parts not doing nothing waiting for the next purchase of parts
June 02, 2013 04:02PM
Sorry, I was trying to be complimentary, wasn't meaning to diss your printer. I know the feeling waiting for parts, and the joy of seeing your creation working. If it works, that's good. smiling smiley

I would put the Y endstop at the back, but some people swear it works ok at the front, so what do I know...
June 02, 2013 04:13PM
The Y end stop will work fine in that position. What Bob was talking about was the part will be mirror imaged in your printer control software. I haven't had an issue with it on my i2s but I'll likely change it when I commission this i3.

I've got some samples of 5mm couplers in route from Guangdong. One of my current vendors has them and if they check out I'll get a couple hundred. According to the drawings that were sent it looks like the end that connects to the lead screw rod (threaded) will have to be taped like with the 5 mm to 8mm couplers as the nominal 5 mm threaded rod is just a shade under 5 mm.
June 02, 2013 04:13PM
no worrys took me ages last night why z and y crashed all the time found out had endstops plugged in either pins so the z as the y and the y as z im such idiot took me 4hrs to suss that one
June 02, 2013 04:24PM
What I do to check the endstop and travel direction is before I run the wiring loom I postion the axis I'm testing mid travel. I then home that axis while holding the switch and trigger it by hand. That shows that both the travel direction and the switch wiring is correct. i keep a hand ready to shut off the PSU in case I see results different than what is expected.
June 02, 2013 05:59PM
crashes yep had couple and tripped the board twice knocking the com out but recovered thankfully, what i did was trick the axis with the g92 moved it until i saw end stop hit the g92 the particular axis back to 0 seemed to work. the endstops at the moment temp i need a better clamping on them, i aint running it for long periods, i want to get a box made for the ramps and arduino and fan mount which is 95% designed, as i dont like it mounted on the back of the frame as had a bit of a mental block on how to measure vref try but didnt get no reading when i had it on 10 amps, i thought 10.0amps even if im got the vref at 0.8amps for example it would show at least 0.8amps but nothing but when i put it on 20m i started to get some reading
June 03, 2013 03:00PM
Good looking printer there Chris smiling smiley

Ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login