Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop

Posted by chris33 
Endstop
June 04, 2013 09:24PM
Came home form work last night with grub screws for the couplers, so I decided to move my z axis up and change the couplings, so I sent z home how I managed to hit the reset before it crashed I don't know, so I decided to send the m119 command and it said my endstop wasn't triggered so I looked and the endstop it was depressed. So I decided to check with the multimeter and it showed the endstop works so I tried a new one same again,then I created a button in printrun just so I can easily send the m119 command, I kept sending it and it would trigger, open, open, open, trigger, trigger, trigger, open, open randomly what's causing that?(the button was depressed all the time) cheers
Re: Endstop
June 05, 2013 04:12AM
Where is the wire connecting the endstop running alongside any others?

Ben
June 05, 2013 05:23AM
it was something in marlin which was causing it, which was weird cos only settings I changed was steps per mm, I have some items again needing printing lol im keeping you busy lol
June 05, 2013 08:10AM
That's ok as long as you're happy with the parts mate I need a few pennies to keep buying cool 3d printer stuff and nuts & bolts lol

Ben
June 05, 2013 10:25AM
happy other the moon the couplings didnt work made the z wobble more but that wasn't down to print error, also my bearing holders design failed just so i put back the cable insulation tube i took of a old extension lead and cable tied it place i think the flex in the material will compensate the wobble
June 05, 2013 01:27PM
Glad to hear it I think those couplers just are very flexible in PLA but then on the RepRapPro mendels we have the z axis screws are attached to the steppers with clear tube and a couple of clamps and that seems to work well.

I liked the youtube video was spotting the parts I printed smiling smiley

Ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login