Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to reprap

Posted by M3dik 
New to reprap
June 16, 2013 03:51PM
Hello everyone. First off I would like to say I'm new to the reprap community I have been researching them for the past 3-4 months and have decided to venture and built my own. The style that mostly appeals to me and what I want to bud is the prusa i3 I know the basics of what you need etc but I can't find anywhere a parts list for one. Could anyone help me out with a parts list and maybe a basic manual on how to put one together. YouTube vids can only help me assemble it so much. A guide would really help. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks -m3dik
Re: New to reprap
June 16, 2013 03:53PM
You can find the BOM and files on github. There is quite a bit of documentation on the I3. If you need exact links lemme know and ill look them up for you. Happy building.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2013 04:38PM by REPRAP SQUAD.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
June 16, 2013 04:04PM
Okay thank you for the info, i forgot to look on gethub. I dont use it very often haha.
June 16, 2013 05:37PM
For DIY Reprap building Github is essential. Pull down the branches of what you want to build so you have a local copy to study, modify and get an idea on how to build. There are a few variant of Prusa3 and others have created variants that are yet again a bit different in the details. There is no one size fits all as a self sourced DIY build though many offer complete kits with a variety of options.
June 16, 2013 09:27PM
Thanks for some info vegasloki, once i save up some extra money ill start building mine and make a post on my progression as i go and hopefully get some tips from some seasoned reprap veterans.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login