Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pitch of t2 timing belt

Posted by Maxwellfire 
Pitch of t2 timing belt
June 21, 2013 10:36PM
I ordered a t2 timing belt with pulleys, and installed it on my printer.
I now have all my electronics wired, I have noticed that the printer is not traveling the right distance when I tell it.
I got suspicious of the belt, and whipped out my calipers and measured it. The pitch on it turns out to be about 1.75mm.
The printer only travelels the right distance however, when the pitch is set to 2.5mm
I thought that t2 timing belts by definition had a 2mm pitch.

Please help, Max
Re: Pitch of t2 timing belt
June 22, 2013 12:17AM
Yes I would have thought the same. If you measure the belt it will be obvious if it is T2.5 instead of T2. T2.5 isa common size in any case.
Best bet would be to get it to travel 100mm and measure how far it goes then adjust the firmware.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
June 22, 2013 12:02PM
The problem is that I did measure the pitch of the belt, and it appears to have a pitch of 1.75 mm, instead of either 2mm or 2.5mm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2013 12:02PM by Maxwellfire.
June 23, 2013 07:11AM
That must make it a difficult fit for the pulleys. Time for a new belt supplier winking smiley

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
June 23, 2013 07:38AM
In case belt and pulley don't fit you'd easily see this, because the belt would fit into one pulley tooth only and lay on top of the teeth on the remaining perimeter.

If the belt fits and it works when calibrating for 2.5 mm pitch I see no reason to change that.

BTW., did you count the pulley teeth? A pulley with 8 teeth, 2.5 mm each requires the same steps/mm settings a 10 teeth pulle with 2 mm pitch. Also, measuring no one, but 10 teeth on the belt gives better measurement results.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login