Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

where is the Marlin.cpp.hex ?

Posted by victorjung 
where is the Marlin.cpp.hex ?
June 29, 2013 12:06PM
Hi, i am trying to upload a marlin firmware to my printrboard, i moadified the configuration.h, i compiled, but in the tutorial i followed it said that the folder where the .hex is stored is written in the arduino ide console, but i got nothing.... so where can i find Marlin.cpp.hex after i have compilde?
Thanks a lot !
Re: where is the Marlin.cpp.hex ?
June 29, 2013 12:33PM
In arduino preferences turn on show verbose messages during compilation. You'll see all the paths in the console window when you recompile.
June 29, 2013 03:00PM
thanks i saw that i can do this with a new arduino version but with 022 i have to use with printrboard it doesnt exist sad smiley
June 29, 2013 03:14PM
Arduino BuildProcess:

The .hex file is the final output of the compilation which is then uploaded to the board. During a "Verify" the .hex file is written to /tmp (on Mac and Linux) or \Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp (on Windows). During upload, it's written to the applet sub-directory of the sketch directory (which you can open with the "Show Sketch Folder" item in the Sketch menu).
June 30, 2013 03:36AM
thanks i found it now smiling smiley
June 30, 2013 04:50AM
To get verbose mode in 22 just hold shift when you click the verify button, it will spit out all the verbose logs and the full path to the .hex when it's done (it will work in a new temp folder every session)
June 30, 2013 10:56PM
The latest version Printrboard I bought had a bootloader and did away with all that messy Flip loader business. Just upload it straight from Arduino. If you bought your Printrboard recently you might want to check what version it is and use the other instructions on reprapwiki if it's version D or better.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
July 01, 2013 06:21AM
yes i figured out that it also worked with arduino upload and it s fairly simplier!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login