Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please help me identify this Prusa part

Posted by NjEmt527 
Please help me identify this Prusa part
August 11, 2013 09:39PM
This part (the green one, pla I think) came on my Prusa I2 when I bought it used. It is located on the Z axis mounts. I have looked at the prusa wiki files, and cannon find it. Just noticed 1 of the two is badly damaged and I need to print it before it gives out. And this is my only printer lol. If someone could name it or link it, it would make my day.
-Clark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2013 09:41PM by NjEmt527.
Attachments:
open | download - brokenprusapart.JPG (530.8 KB)
Re: Please help me identify this Prusa part
August 11, 2013 09:46PM
i dont know where it is, but i think it is to stop the top nut from spinning, i dont have it and mine only move a little, i would not call it a major part.

but i cant say about yours if it has enough pressure on it to break it it might be another story

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
August 11, 2013 09:51PM
I think it has just worn out over time. The inside of the zaxis is the same size as the nut i think, so if it doesnt hold maybe I can get it down in there to print another?
August 12, 2013 11:34AM
The inside of the z-threaded-rod part of the x-ends was slightly larger than the nuts I had on the z-rods. I solved this by putting electrical tape around the nuts to make them fit snugly in the hex-holes. It looks to me like some enterprising printer solved the problem with a new 3D-printed part.

A couple quick searches on various terms didn't come up with any evidence of it. Could the person who sold the printer to you provide any info?

Considering that this part is failing, I think you should proceed with a solution that doesn't require a part that you can't get the design to. I agree with your comment. If/when this thing fails completely, put the nut down in the x-end where it was designed to be. And you can always print new x-ends that you'll know have perfectly-sized holes for your z-nut.

Good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login