Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

polololu 1.3a won't connect

Posted by papakel 
polololu 1.3a won't connect
September 08, 2013 08:54AM
Hi all,
I am a complete retired newbee, I have built a cnc router and got that working and now progressed to 3d printing project, I have built a printer from gathered bits and bobs, purchased stepper motors and a self assembly sanguinololu 1.3a kit complete with steper motor plugins I carefully assembled this kit following detailed instructions on Wiki, and would be so bold as to say it looks fine, all good clean soldered joints. My problem is haveing downloaded Ardurino 0023 and sanguino plugin together with FTDI USB driver, printrun and python 2.7 ect, I canot get connected. XP system device manager shows com port 8 properties are set to baudrate 115200 and it shows port working correctly. However neither ardurino or pronterface will connect,after much frustration I downloaded Termite and when run it shows com port and baurdrate as expected then adds (no handshake). Please help, what have I missed or done wrong.

thanks in anticipation.
papakel
Re: Sanguinololu 1.3a won't connect
September 08, 2013 10:52AM
(Fix your Subject line. Should be Sanguinololu)

In your post above, you failed to mention one essential bit, and that is the firmware. Did you install firmware onto the Sanguinololu?
Re: polololu 1.3a won't connect
September 08, 2013 10:53AM
Which version of the Sanguinololu firmware are you using? Were you able to compile and download the firmware to the Arduino?
Re: Sanguinololu 1.3a won't connect
September 08, 2013 03:08PM
hi thanks for your reply, I have not been able to connect with ardurino to install firmware, it is my intension to upload sprinter but I canot connect even with te serial moniter option entering the M115 comand fails to respond. In frustration I downloaded Termite and when I run that it comes up with com8,115200bps,no handshake
pronterface runs perfectly until i press connect button and then hangs but if I unplug the usb error messages scrol up the screen so fast it is impossible to read yhem
Re: polololu 1.3a won't connect
September 08, 2013 03:19PM
thanks for the reply, sanguino 0101r1 the ardurino tree looks as follows
-ardurino-0023
---hardware
-----ardurino
--------Sanguino
----------tools

this is my last installation the previous was the same and I was able to compile sprinter but when i tried to upload the verbos script read unable to find atmega1284

this is why I re installed a fresh copy unfortunately this copy will not compile the sprinter or return the m115 command.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login