Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing problems

Posted by Mozx90 
Printing problems
October 01, 2013 06:48PM
I finished building my prusa mendel i2 and it goes through the motion of printing but the extruder does not extrude , it is getting really hot . The extruder motor runs when manually activated through the software, but not when the print is initiated. The extruder heats enough that the ABS can be pushed through it manually. I'm looking for whatever advice I can get on this, I'll see if I can post a video.

Thank you
Re: Printing problems
October 01, 2013 07:59PM
what firmware are you using, and what slicer and temp you are printing at and can you post your gcode?

I think it may be a relative distance setting, but would need to look at the gcode being generated.

we are all here to help, someone will help you out if you can give them the above information.

use the file attached to upload files and info instead of posting it directly. then add comments to the temp, firmware and slicer used.

thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2013 07:59PM by jamesdanielv.
October 01, 2013 09:15PM
Thanks for your quick reply! I'm not entirely sure how to get the firmware version, it came preloaded. I'm also not sure how to get the goose output.

Thanks again!
October 01, 2013 10:40PM
'gcode' output, the file used to print the gcode
October 14, 2013 06:17PM
Hi, thank you for the info ..... But I don't get it I'm looking for the codec file but I get nothing ........ I found the instructions on how to retrieve the codec but again I get nothing .

What should I do ?
October 15, 2013 01:09AM
lets try a different way. where did you purchase your hardware from, and do you have a web link to it?
October 15, 2013 08:05PM
I got it at www.mixshop.com ... They do not answer me when I call , the "guy" is never there.
October 15, 2013 10:16PM
Oh dear... are you saying that you bought the Prusa I2 kit from Mixshop?

If so, then you are probably facing the same problems that I faced about a year ago when I first got into RepRap.

I found that the Mixshop guys are helpful but their prusa i2 kit is not the greatest. I talked about the problems I experienced with it in this thread.

Most of the problems that I had with the Mixshop Prusa I2 were a result of their poor hot end design, though they may have addressed those issues since then. However, based on your above posts, the problem seems to be a firmware problem since the extruder motor is functional when manually operated through the software interface.

I think they keep a version of their firmware on their website forum, so you should check there for it. When I bought their kit, they were using sprinter firmware, though I am not sure if that has changed...Also, I assume that you are using Repetier Host interface with Slicer?

Let me know if you can find the firmware that you are using. A video would be very helpful.

Eric
October 22, 2013 03:35PM
We got the software from www.nextdayreprap.co.uk/reprap-3d-printer-software/

Thanks for all your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login