Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder speed

Posted by bruno 
extruder speed
July 20, 2009 06:50AM
hismiling smiley

Where i can define the speed of the extruder motor to 80 rpm? it's set to 215 rpm, but i don't now how to modify in the preferences..
Re: extruder speed
July 20, 2009 07:49PM
I'm not 100% sure about it, in fact I'm not even 50% sure about it, but when you're looking through the Gcode of your file, there seems to be a line in there that states:

(homing routing)
M104 S220 T0 (Temperature to 220 celsius)
G21 (Metric FTW)
G90 (Absolute Positioning)
G92 X0 Y0 Z0 (You are now at 0,0,0)
(You have failed me for the last time, MakerBot)
G0 Z15 (Move up for test extrusion)
M108 S255 (Extruder speed = max)
M6 T0 (Wait for tool to heat up)
G04 P5000 (Wait 5 seconds)
M101 (Extruder on, forward)
G04 P5000 (Wait 5 seconds)
M103 (Extruder off)
M01 (The heater is warming up and will do a test extrusion. Click yes after you have cleared the nozzle of the extrusion.)
G0 Z0 (Go back to zero.)
(end of start.)

I don't know how you'd go about changing that to 80 RPM as you said it seems to be set to 215, and mine would be set to 255?
Re: extruder speed
July 22, 2009 09:32PM
Yes, M108 is the code sent to the machine to set the extrusion speed.

In the reprap host software, you can go into the preferences for Extruder0 and set the ExtrusionSpeed and SeparationSpeed to new values. There are a few other options that change the extruder speed, but they are all ratios to these values (I think). Also, I believe different versions of the software do different things with these values. It is a bit of a mess.

What are you trying to accomplish? Is it laying down too much plastic when you print? Is the motor stalling? Are you having trouble getting the plastic to stick to the table?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login