Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First prusa - heated bed and end stop issues

Posted by Ickis 
First prusa - heated bed and end stop issues
October 20, 2013 04:25AM
Hi,

I've just about finished building my first 3d printer and went with a prusa i3 box frame. I must say it has been a great experience building and getting it running but there's always those last few issues that need to be sorted out. The most painful part of the whole process has been waiting for parts to arrive.

At this point I'm just about able to perform a calibration and do my first print but having issues with the heated bed and end stop.

First off the heated bed. For some reason when I turn it on it's heating up to the pla setting of 60 and holding that temperature but only half of the bed is getting hot. Is this a faulty hotbed or is there something more going on?

Next is the endstops. I thought I had this sorted as when I started out all axis could only move in one direction, but after checking wiring and endstop connections I can now move each axis in both directions. The problem is they still don't seem to be working as the axis will crash into the endstop and not trigger it. I'm using the Sainsmart mechanical endstop with the 4 wire connectors, with RAMPS 1.4 and Sprinter/Pronterface.
Re: First prusa - heated bed and end stop issues
October 29, 2013 01:56AM
Managed to sort the heated bed issues. I've got an MK2B and didn't realise both pins 1 and 2 were - and pin 3 was +.

Also photo of my prusa. Hopefully first print will be coming soon!

Re: First prusa - heated bed and end stop issues
October 29, 2013 02:40AM
Cool, Looks like you are nearly finished.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login