Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help to choose the right printer with right price

Posted by HerAnt 
Need help to choose the right printer with right price
October 24, 2013 04:31AM
Hello,

First of all i want to say that i'm new to this site and 3d printers/3d printing.
So through the past week i learned that MakerBot Replicator 2 so far the best "cheap" printer even tho its pretty expensive for hobby users.
I've seen chineese copy of replicator on ebay how is it compare to original?
I want a printer which can use all type of plastics, heated board of whatever it called and size about medium size like Replicator. My price range are about 1500$ i might stretch alittle bit.

Thanks
Re: Need help to choose the right printer with right price
October 24, 2013 04:47AM
For me the first question was "How big do I need to print" ?

140mm x 140mm x 80mm was big enough for me, and I enjoy building stuff, I was on a limited budget (~$500) So I bought a reprappro huxley.

It'll print ABS and PLA (I only print PLA), has heated bed etc etc.

It's a nice printer for hobby printing.

$1500 is a LOT to spend these days. I think you can take your pick for that sort of money.
October 24, 2013 06:00AM
DaveS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For me the first question was "How big do I need
> to print" ?
>
> 140mm x 140mm x 80mm was big enough for me, and I
> enjoy building stuff, I was on a limited budget
> (~$500) So I bought a reprappro huxley.
>
> It'll print ABS and PLA (I only print PLA), has
> heated bed etc etc.
>
> It's a nice printer for hobby printing.
>
> $1500 is a LOT to spend these days. I think you
> can take your pick for that sort of money.

I'm thinking about 225 x 145 x 150 mm (8.9 x 5.7 x 5.9 in) mainly because i want to be able to create like covers for electronics stuff without breaking it too much apart. And yeah i forgot to mention that i want something you can easily get parts to if something breaks. I'm not really sure wether i want duel headed or single simply because i don't really know benefits of it except printing in different colors which ain't that important for me i guess.
I could probably buy a kit aswell if its not too complicated to caliberate it.
Its really hard to know what to choose especially when i live in Norway where marked for 3d printers still very small, so if i gonna order something it'll probably take me weeks before i get it so i better order everyting i need so i wont have to wait for ages before i get to print smiling smiley
October 24, 2013 06:02AM
What about this one ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2013 06:03AM by HerAnt.
October 25, 2013 01:31PM
Really theres noone on most official 3d printer forum there are out there has nothing to help with?
October 27, 2013 02:19AM
You will have to calibrate any printer you get. $1500 is a rather large budget for RepRap machines. I would recommend either the Printrbot Plus v2.1 or the Prusa i3 (kit from MakerFarm). Both can be had for under $1000 and will be great beginner kits. I know they don't look as polished as the Makerbot but they do the exact same thing and come with heated beds so you can use ABS as well as PLA. Other folks on here will have different opinions on what to get for your money but in my opinion both of these will be good printers. Printrbot has a good online community and they just upgraded the plus. It is available in kit form or assembled. I have a Printrbot Jr. and and a Prusa i2. I really couldn't be happier with the Jr. and will probably buy a Plus in the future.

Hope this helps.

KDog
Anonymous User
October 27, 2013 02:47AM
I got a Mendel90 from the UK. [forums.reprap.org]
It arrived in Austria in less than a week. Parts are easy to find and customer service is excellent.
However it is a little smaller than the size you want.
Perhaps a Mendelmax 2 ? [www.mytechno3d.fr]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2013 02:54AM by Ralph Hilton.
October 27, 2013 02:50AM
HerAnt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really theres noone on most official 3d printer
> forum there are out there has nothing to help
> with?

This is a Reprap forum not a general 3 D printing forum. Repraps are a particular type of printer with a focus on DIY and kits. A Replicator isn't a Reprap though some here use them. Goggle reprap wiki for more info.
October 27, 2013 07:01AM
Thanks for all help, i will check'em out.
October 27, 2013 04:49PM
Is Printrbot Plus v2.1 able to print with 3mm Filament?

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login