Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[CLOSED] Infill 3D SunBurn hot end?

Posted by GSM 
GSM
[CLOSED] Infill 3D SunBurn hot end?
December 25, 2013 06:18PM
Hello all, I just checked with the IRC channel to see if anyone has used this hot end [cgi.ebay.com] with no luck, I am wondering if anyone has experience with it? I contacted the seller and he has responded to all my questions promptly however I would really like to get input from someone that has tried it.
I am building a Prusa i3 with dual extruders and initially I was going to go with E3D hot ends since I have one in a machine and it works very well, however I thought the SunBurn was a clone of an E3D but after asking the seller he refer me to the specs drawing and indeed the SunBurn is similar on first view but different is smaller by quite a bit, he said that by using a 40mm fan and anodizing the SunBurn is able to work like a E3D but in a compact design, he posted some quotes from a book to back up his claim on how anodizing helps however I am still not sure about it, with that said "os1r1s" in the IRC channel said " Aluminum will grow a layer of oxidation no matter what. But anodizing removes it, grows it in a controlled fashion, then seals it." "its good. I expect that it will help with disipation. Probably not a ton, but 2-5% different" to tell the truth I am not convinced yet I just want to make sure is not going to be adverse even if it is the same dissipation as bare aluminum I rather be it anodize it looks so much better with color at least to me, hoping someone can confirm no adverse effects to being anodized.
In the end it sounds good to me as long as it works, it is smaller and it looks good in black I think it be better than other hotends that are bigger and reduce my printing real state in the Z axis. Hope there is ppl out there that have tried this hot end. I appreciate any information in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 05:22AM by DeuxVis.
Attachments:
open | download - $_57.JPG (116.6 KB)
Re: Infill 3D SunBurn hot end?
December 26, 2013 01:55PM
Why not get the real E3D? This clone is pretty much in the same price range.
GSM
December 27, 2013 01:02AM
This one is considerable smaller for my dual set up is about 2/3 the size of an E3D and is here in the US rather spend my money here at home; I like how it looks, the black anodize color and the facets of the bottom block it just looks cool, I just want to make sure it works as it looks.
A2
December 27, 2013 03:10AM
Ask the seller to post a video of the hot end printing with the polymer that you plan on using.
If they won't/can't provide a video, well then there might be an issue or two to sort out.
GSM
December 27, 2013 03:23AM
Good idea, I will ask him if he does I will post it here too.
GSM
December 27, 2013 02:23PM
I asked for a video last night and today I got this link [www.dropbox.com] this guy is on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2013 02:25PM by GSM.
A2
December 28, 2013 01:24AM
For marginal performance improvements:
Specify that the heat exchanger to be black, and the hot end to be silver.
Best if the radiator is sandblasted, and the hot end polished.

The manifold should be redesigned to completely wrap around the heat exchanger, with a slit for an exit orifice.
The slit width and the gap between the manifold and heat exchanger is what you want to optimize.

To optimize the design add duct tape to extend the manifold around the heat exchanger.
To validate your modifications, record a base line temperature of the heat exchanger before making any modifications.
Then measure the temperature of the heat exchanger after duct tape is added.

If temperatures drop then you did the correct mod, if temps increase open up the slit, or
increase/decrease the gap between the manifold and the heat exchanger.
Consider adding a baffle in front of the fan to help generate a laminar flow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2013 01:26AM by A2.
GSM
December 28, 2013 02:32AM
A2, I am a bit lost here there is a few terms in there that I am having a bit of an issue placing, when you say "heat exchanger? do you mean the heat-sink? For what I had seen on the pictures and reading on the description there is 2 models, black and sandblasted. I was thinking of getting the black hot end everything is black the part that is a treaded rod that hold the heat block to the heat-sink is surgical steel is silver, is that what you mean "hot end to be silver"? Where is the radiator? is that synonymous for heat-sink? Also the manifold I am going to guess is the fan mount right? I am guessing that how it is right now where is open at the back for airflow should be closed with a smaller exit, right? If I am correct can I ask you why? I would have guess more air flows through when is open right? if there is a small opening on the back wouldn't the air not flow and cool the heat-sink? Lastly you lost me completely here "baffle in front of the fan to help generate a laminar flow". All of this stuff is right up your alley could you please illuminate me smiling smiley I was just about to take the leap and buy a couple of black hot ends that said I am going to reconsider until I understand fully what you are trying to advise. Thank you very much for all the help.
December 29, 2013 05:20AM
It is pretty obvious that the Infill3D hot end has been copied/derived from E3D. And as E3D hot ends are released under CC BY SA NC license, if you really care about open source and it's licenses, you should definitely not buy the Infill3D hot end.

[creativecommons.org]
GSM
December 29, 2013 01:37PM
Who do you think you are to imply I do not care about licenses? Get down from your white horse. I do care about open source and it's licenses, and I do own a J-head and E3D both work well. If you just look at the picture it looks like an E3D but is not the same the Sunburn is about 1/3 smaller is about the size of a J-head if you want to get into details then the E3D is copied/derived from a Makerbot hot end, a heat break to a nozzle in a heater block is a direct copy of the Makerbot MK7/MK8 only difference is the heat-sink is not square but in essence is the exact same thing, go look at the million Chinese knockoffs off it in eBay, why don't you go write somewhere else about how E3D copied/derived from the Makerbot MK7/MK8? E3D are British folks that copied/derived from MakerBot Industries hot end an American company, you want me to send my money to England? I already did once. You step all over an American product that you have never tried and try to discourage people from giving them their business no wonder the country is going in the drain. Here it is Infill 3D in the US starting up and here you are bashing them before they even get a chance at the same copied/derived product from MakerBot Industries.
Did you even read my initial question? I never ask to be preached about licenses just trying to find out how well this hot end works. If I wanted to know about licenses I would have asked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2013 02:31PM by GSM.
December 30, 2013 09:05AM
GSM
For what it's worth - the E3D hotend is most directly derived from early eMaker (now RepRapPro) designs by Jean-Marc Giacalone (and maybe Adrian Bowyer to some extent) which is a British company. An eMaker Huxley was the first printer I owned and hacked on. That is the place from which I took the concept of a heat-break screwing up against a nozzle to seal inside an internally threaded heater-block, however I would consider that as a fairly obvious method of joining two tubular threaded objects. The eMaker Huxley came before the Makerbot Mk7 was announced.

Most of the science/engineering and insight was derived from Chris Palmer (Aka Nophead) who documented his experiences with all-metal hotends. He is almost certainly the first to do so, and deserves the most credit in this regard. He is the guy who came up with the entire concept of the heater-block. Nothing to do with Makerbot. He's also British by the way.

As for makerbot - they deserve zero credit in this whole affair, and your bringing them into the fray is entirely erroneous. Their Mk7 hotend was released on September 15th, 2011, and is very clearly a direct copy of the Up! printer extruder that was released over a year before by PP3DP. That is a Chinese company, to be clear.

The sunburn hotend is quite clearly a copy of the E3D product, the changes made are quite insubstantial. What is more - they do not release any drawings.

Anodising a heatsink is a good idea if you are relying on passive radiation to remove heat from the heatsink. However in a forced air convection system (as is the case on the hotend heatsink being blown by the fan) the gains are very marginal. The quote from the book talking about large gains is all very good, but emissivity is not relevant in this case, conduction is. If you anodise a heatsink correctly you are looking at getting around a 5% performance increase in a forced air situation, tops. However if you don't know what you're doing and anodise in a way that is forms too thick a layer of oxide you are actually going to decrease heat transfer to the air flowing over the heatsink.

Also - saying that it is smaller is also a bit daft when you're putting a fan on there that is 10mm wider than the original fan, which makes the whole affair 10mm wider.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2013 01:22PM by SanjayM.

I Design/Sell all-metal hotends. My company is called e3d-online - you can buy at [www.e3d-online.com]
GSM
December 30, 2013 11:37PM
Well let me tell you as I sip on my coffee not tea as you do, I'll take your word and stand corrected about the Makerbot not their idea either however by your own admission you based your design on someone elses idea and I quote "the E3D hot end is most directly derived from early eMaker"
If we go down to hacking terms since you are a self proclaim hacker of an eMaker Huxley, I might clarify things and call you a script kiddie; whoever did the original idea is a genius anyone else that followed behind and made modifications although smart they are all script kiddies. Anyway you paint it, it is not your idea and actually as a matter of fact whoever makes the eMaker Huxley isn't a completely original design either is a modification to an original idea.
Mr. S. Scott Crump is the father of 3D printing the inventor of fused deposition modeling (FDM) and co-founder of Stratasys, Ltd an American company he is up there with Chuck Hull who made the first working 3D printer in '84 from a little company called 3D Systems Corp. Have you heard of it? And by the way it is an American company too. I might add even the RepRap project had to change the name from FDM to fused filament fabrication (FFF), to give a phrase that would be legally unconstrained in its use.
Patents expire and allow us to use those ideas to modify and change them improve them and make them freely available to anyone and it allow you Sanjay to take those ideas change them here and there and run with it, with that said it doesn't mean it is yours, and no one else can do what you did.
The design of Infill 3D is no less than your hot end, it is build on others ideas just as yours, again by your own admission "Most of the science/engineering and insight was derived from Chris Palmer (Aka Nophead)" I bet Mr. Palmer is a very bright chap as you would say however I am going to disagree that he deserves most of the credit, the credit goes to the original thinkers that came up with the ideas that started 3D printing, the people that got patents awarded, they might not have been open source hence you do not know about them they didn't give their work away for free but neither do you, because you post some drawings you think you are free and clear? Aren't you making money of your hot end? How many people can manufacture the parts to make an all metal hot end? Most of us buy it.
What bring me to ask you, do you pay taxes in the US? I do not think so. I understand you being protective of your hot end, if the Infill 3D Sunburn works well and is comparable to yours how much business are you going to lose? I Hope none, I really do I would never hope ill on anyone. I personally would not buy another one from yours unless you came up with something brilliant that fit my needs and can't find it here at home in the good old USA. with that said I do not see you designing an original game changing item, maybe a modification on someone else's idea however I will settle for one of those go ahead wow me, the kraken didn't do it by the way.
The Sunburn is not a copy of yours because yours is not an original either, the Sunburn is just another hot end added to the pile of hot ends out there being a Metal Magma, Prusa or whatever other all metal hot end out there they all work on the same principle once more all of you are script kiddies but smart script kiddies I might say.
Using your cute British therms to call the Sunburn "daft" put a smile on my face those "silly" folks at Infill 3D huh? A fan 40mm how is that going to help? Well if you had taken the time to look at the drawing of the hot end, and by the way is posted I might add, you can see that even with a 40mm fan the Sunburn is about 10mm shorter than yours, how is that going to help? Well wouldn't that give me 10mm extra in the Z axis? If my printing capability in Z was 185mm now is 195mm. further more if they are correct because I have not confirmed it yet, more air circulating through the heat sink and less noise not to mention more printing space on the Z it doesn't sound silly to me it sounds like improvements.
You shouldn't bash other business efforts since they may have a better product than yours, you are going to be looking like a fool criticizing the Sunburn and turns out to be just as good as yours, or maybe even better or perhaps it just fades away, who knows but that is why I opened this thread trying to find out how well it works and it just blows me away how people that do not know anything about the Sunburn never tried it just seen a picture and automatically turns into a bunch of haters, you Sanjay I understand you have something to lose jkoljo is the essence of those haters that have nothing good to contribute to a conversation.
I choose to buy US products is getting harder and must of the time more expensive but as an American I think it is the right thing to do. I ordered a Sunburn I will try it and report.
mrc
December 31, 2013 08:01AM
i have the feeling that you (GSM) made this hotend?

beside that im always careful buying American parts.
Most of the parts i bought in US were basically in prototype status
when they started selling it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 08:02AM by mrc.
December 31, 2013 11:57AM
ITT: Angry American belittling others (nothing against Americans in general).

GSM
Using your cute British therms [...]
Well, American English is derived from British English, so how about paying some respect to it?

Joking aside, why are you even attacking Sanjay? He just came here to clarify the order of derivation (ok, he is wrong in some aspects like that they didn't provide drawings) and even provides some design insights. It is you that should get down from your high horse.

To clarify the copy/derivate issue:
Open Source licenses permit derivative work. However, depending on the exact license, not everything is acceptable. Most licenses require the attribution of the previous design. Of course that can be seen rather widely: If I only change aspects of a design, I would call it a derivative and I would have to attribute the developer of the original design. However, if I was to take a design as starting point and develop something entirely new out of my findings, so that the final product doesn't resemble the original at all, I wouldn't call it a derivative.
Now the E3D hotend differs enough from the Huxley version (which has got a PTFE tube inside the barrel btw.) to count as an independent product. I wouldn't attribute the knife directly to it's predecessor, the biface or hand axe, for the same reason, although the knife was developed from that.
The Sunburn hotend, however, looks like a derivative with minor design changes, namely the size of the heat sink and the choice of the cooling fan. The heater block, nozzle and stainless steel tube look conspicuously similar to the E3D one. And it is in violation to the license the E3D hotend is released under in several aspects: CC BY SA NC means you have to attribute the original developer (the BY part), you may modify the original design as you like (SA), and it must not be commercial (NC). Furthermore, you have to release your modified version under the same license.
All these conditions are not met by Infill 3D and that is probably the main gripe most of us have with this product. Makerbot, too, got a lot of flak for exactly the same reason.

So there you have it, Infill 3D screwed up with the licensing, but you don't need to be angry at the general populace of this forum for being enthusiastic and protective about (free and) open source hardware.
A2
December 31, 2013 02:16PM
SanjayM
If you anodise a heatsink correctly you are looking at getting around a 5% performance increase in a forced air situation, tops.
However if you don't know what you're doing and anodise in a way that is forms too thick a layer of oxide
you are actually going to decrease heat transfer to the air flowing over the heatsink.

That is correct, if the oxide layer is too thick it will insulate.

The reason that anodizing improves the heat exchanger is because it etches millions of tiny pores/holes into the surface of the aluminum.
The pores increases the available surface area that can be cooled. The pores act as mini radiators to shed the heat.
The oxide actually retards heat exchange, but the depth and quantity of pores negate a thin oxide layer.

To color the part a dye is used. The dye is made up of particles that fill the pores of the anodized surface of the aluminum.
I would think that it would be beneficial to sandblast and anodize the heat exchanger, but don't fill the pores with a black dye.

Convection is where the focus needs to be, optimize the fan, manifold, fins, etc.
December 31, 2013 03:26PM
I would like to see a heatsink that is in a helical shape, you would then put a thin metal sleeve over it, with an air inlet at the bottom and a large hole at the top. instead of using a fan you would use a blower fan connected to a tube that you would run to the hot end like a bowden tube, and connect the other end to the inlet. this would very effectively cool the heatsink and concentrate the cooling right above the stainless steel transition zone. Its basically water cooling, except you just vent the output to the environment, instead of recirculating it. in fact it would work with water cooling too, if you sealed it correctly, and it would also work in a heated build chamber with either water or air.
December 31, 2013 03:44PM
It is surprisingly hard to blow air down a thin tube at a high enough rate for cooling. Even a 1kW vacuum cleaner struggles when the pipe is less than 10mm. Air is actually more viscous relative to its density than water and I presume cooling effect is proportional to density.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 03:44PM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
December 31, 2013 03:47PM
well you can make the width of the channels as large as you want.
December 31, 2013 03:54PM
Yes but the tube that runs to it would need to be big as the pressure is proportional to length over the fourth power of the diameter.

December 31, 2013 04:14PM
oh I see, you are talking about the tube that runs to the heat sink. [www.sparkfun.com] so this blower is the kind of thing i was talking about. yes you are right that if you make the hole on the end of the blower a small diameter, the airflow will suffer. Correct me if im wrong, would adding a large chamber in between the tube and the blower outlet allow a buffer for the pressure to build up, and increase the airflow through the tube.
December 31, 2013 04:38PM
My understanding of fluid dynamics is limited but I think a reservoir won't have any effect once the system has reached steady state. It will require considerable pressure to push the air down a small tube quickly and pressure times flow rate must equal power. Unless the blower is powerful enough to provide that pressure at the flow rate you require it will simply flow slower. To make it go faster would require more power, which a reservoir will not do.

GSM
December 31, 2013 06:23PM
Some of you folks make me smile, here we go again none of you except A2, aduy and nopehead, has contribute anything to my original question, all of you just criticize with no proof. How many of you can say they have tested the Sunburn and talk with an ounce of real knowledge? I am pretty sure none.
Everything from "i have the feeling that you (GSM) made this hotend?" to "American English is derived from British English, so how about paying some respect to it?" to why are you even attacking Sanjay? or get down from your white horse. You folks don't Cease to blow me away every time, what do any of those things have to do with my original question? I thought we could move on to a real discussion I guess I was wrong.
No I do not have anything to do with the Sunburn I am just an American disgusted at how people behave, like children. For god sakes my kids have more common sense to open their mouths and spilling nonsense to a completely different subject.
Have a little respect for British English? They have it all, there is no ifs or buts about it, is the original.
Attacking Sanjay, I am not attacking him just simply stating facts he opened the door.
Angry American belittling others, this is the one I like the best! I came here to learn and ask a simply question and I got a torrent of hate from people without previously knowing or hands on in this piece of hardware, all of these folks are quick to criticize without knowing and attack me with nonsense for wanting to know about a piece of hardware made in the US something that I hold dear to my heart, love my country and I hate seeing revenue going overseas.
Here they are American folks (infill 3D) puting money into our economy with an American product that I hope is as good as a foreign one, that I personally do not believe infringes on anyone. The patents for that system expired already otherwise believe me when I tell you that Sanjay wouldn't be able to do his hot end and neither would be Prusa or Infill or Makerbot and I am sure many others without paying for the use of the patent.
In a court of law Sanjay doesn't have a leg to stand on. If that was the case why he didn't sue Makerbot, their heat break, heater block and nozzle are almost identical the heat sink is different but serves the same purpose and I mean down to the force air system, I think that the parts might even fit each other with minor or no modification. If there was a patent on the system the holder would win hands down. I tell you why Sanjay would never sue because Makerbot would drive him into the ground not only they are part of Stratasys with deep pockets they do have a portfolio of real patents. By the way, How many real patents do you think Sanjay has? Thinking about it, of all the different folks making hot ends how many do you think actually have patents on their mods? I hope there is at least one with real patents that gives away their work for free.
I know what Sanjay would say or anyone in the same boat; They would say "we are open source/hardware" but come on don't be Hippocrates if anyone had a real original unique idea for anything that could make real money it would be patented not a Creative Commons. All metal Hot ends are in essence the same they just change in small details. There is no radical change in the design, there is a heat source melts material it layers it down. I am not going to downplay all the smart folks out there that have made changes to hot ends to make them better including Sanjay since I am sure all of them put a lot effort and time into their mods. Especially nophead as far as I can see he has not made a dime of his work he is a true open hardware gem I tip my hat to you sir.
So if Sanjay manufacture his hot end and post in his web-page his Creative Commons and is so innovative/different to other hot ends making it unique and makerbot came and copied his work, why Sanjay isn't a multimillionaire from the lawsuit by now? I do not see much difference in between makerbot, sanjay or infill, and I am sure I could add more to the list if I where to research it.
Creative Commons is great, I am all for it and I am the first one to say I know very little about it but I do not see a process where someone actually looks at the item and says this is an original unique idea and we can grant some kind of license, to begin with, under what authority? That is why we have the US patent office, after a review and a patent is awarded is up to the patent holder what they want to do with their work for a few years, if you want to give your work away is withing your right to do so, if you want to go after anyone using spin-offs off your tech and can prove it, go make a million is the American way not too proud of it but it is what it is.
But make no mistake with the patent office there is no question someone looked at your work and made sure it is unique in some way to other comparable tech and only for a period of time, once it expires no one can work of that system change it a little bit and re-patent it unless is something radical/unique.
This makes me think of Josef Prusa a guy that has made so much for the 3D community he is not a Hippocrate his work is out there for anyone to take and do what they want the only thing he ask is that and I quote " If you make them, just don't be a d*ck and don't pretend they are done by me ;-)" now that is a true open hardware guy, everyone morphing existing ideas should learn a thing or two from him and not try to hide behind Creative Commons.
Face it people your point is mute, I do not know what is your allegiance to Sanjay, hey maybe I might go with paranoia as mrc and all of you are Sanjay except A2, aduy and nopehead the only ones that has contributed to this thread.
We are all 3D enthusiast playing with old tech because the patents expired, I personally can't afford the current 3D tech is out of my reach not only that I bet is much more complicated I doubt they can be home build. Who here hasn't salivated looking at the current crop of 3d printers and I am talking machines like the ProJet 4500 Professional 3D Printer from 3D systems "The industry’s only continuous tone full-color plastic 3D printer Combine the Power of Vibrant Full Color With Durable Plastic Materials" Oh how I wish I could afford one of those. Check it out you'll drool too.
Lets play nice please stop hijacking my thread if you do not have real information that is in line with my original question, don't post it please.

A2 could you please elaborate about why the fan mount should wrap all the way around the heatsink with just a slit in the back?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 11:53PM by GSM.
January 01, 2014 06:33AM
You have been rude and belittling to Sanjay, who didn't even attack you in any way nor did he ridicule the Sunburn hotend. I originally only joined the thread to point this out because I hate to see rude behavior in this forum. There are other places like 4chan for this conduct.
People, me included, are less willing to help when you behave like that.

For a lot of us, open source licensing is a rather emotional affair and we don't necessarily separate engineering and licensing when looking at a product.
Just because something was not patented or builds on work of which patents have expired does not mean it is under some kind of license and free to take without attribution. Prusa for example releases his hotend under the GPL v.3 license.
In any case, every author, even those who made slight modifications to pre-existing work, are entitled - or even required in some licensing forms like GPL v.3 or CC BY-SA - to license their work under the same conditions as the previous version. That in theory protects the product from being taken by someone who modifies it and patents his modifications or makes them closed source.
Of course, the whole affair is a little bit less clear cut than patents with an office to review inventions. That is why we, the community, keep an eye out to see whether someone is misconducting. Suing someone for infringing on licenses is just not how this system works. However, we do not take lightly to violations, either. This works more like a social stigma as we encourage people to go for properly licensed items (exactly the thing that is happening here right now and what kicked up a huge fuss and is still repercussing when Makerbot closed their sources).

That being said (now back on original topic), finishing of the parts seem to play a huge role. If you read through the E3D hotend thread, you will see that sometimes, little things like insufficiently sharp drill bits caused problems for some users because it affected the finishing of the feed tube. The causes of most if not all previous problems are known now mitigated, though. So if the Sunburn hotend is machined to exactly the same finish, it might work as well as the E3D hotend for all materials if the performance of the heatsink / fan combination is comparable. Otherwise, you might run into some trouble printing PLA, but this is rather unlikely as usually, even the lowest cooling disk is rather cool on the E3D.
I would really ask Infill3D about their licensing, though. Maybe they didn't know that just because something is out there in the open, one can't just take it, modify it a little bit and sell it as theirs if it is licensed as CC BY-NC-SA?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 06:35AM by uGen.
GSM
January 02, 2014 01:43AM
And yet here we go once more, after I asked to please stay on point, who is being rude here uGen?
Rude and belittling to Sanjay? I am being rude and belittling because I point out the obvious and you do not like it? I think it would be better if I just take your (uGen) word and Sanjay and be happy? Well for starters you both are wrong and trying to bash a piece of hardware that neither of you or anyone in this thread has tried is distasteful, you should be embarrass to continue with your nonsense.
I am not going to take your word when I know you are wrong. I do not need your help uGen as a matter of fact things would be much better if you would have kept your comments to yourself. You come in here hijacking my thread with nonsense, who made you the guardian of let's see who made the mod first to a system with an expired patent? Did you understood what I posted before? You keep coming at me with the lamest of excuses, did you read the part where I said "once it expires (patent) no one can work of that system change it a little bit and re-patent it unless is something radical/unique." OK now that I remind you let me quote you "Maybe they didn't know that just because something is out there in the open, one can't just take it" Who took something that was out in the open change it a little bit and is trying to take ownership of it with a CC? Is not that exactly what Sanjay did? And by the way I find the Sunburn to be different than the E3D and I pointed out why before. Off course maybe you will try to make some other lame excuse why Sanjay is right and anyone else trying to make a hot end is wrong, why don't you just save it and stay on point as I asked before, please this is getting old, don't be a hippocrate the knife cuts both ways.
Anyone taking someone else's expired patent and moding it and making money off it should be open hardware as Prusa, don't be a hippocrate uGen what you are saying is, only Sanjay can because he used someones else's work first and now no one can do what he did becouse he posted a CC, laughable! Let me quote you again "Suing someone for infringing on licenses is just not how this system works." Is not that the system don't work that way, is that how are you going to sue someone for something that in the case of Sanjay he did himself? There is no legal room where Sanjay could sue, again did your read my previous post? The Sunburn is different enough to be just another hot end on the pile of hot ends out there. What makes it special for me is that is here in the US not overseas, here in the US paying taxes, here in my home paying for roads and schools, etc. Once more did you read my previous post? It is long I know, but it seems you skipped the good parts. I went in detail why this whole deal is just ridiculous and you still have to beat the dead horse. Go read it again because I think you missed the gist of it. How I wish you would have just posted the last paragraph of your last post, thank you for it by the way. And as a matter of fact you can disregard all my questions I do not want to know but thank you for your thoughts.
Once more I am begging you people stay on point, please.
January 02, 2014 05:21AM
Thread closed for excessively getting offtopic and only turning into a flamewar.

Feel free to open a new one in the appropriate subforum (NOT general) if you want to discuss more about this hotend.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.