Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good Luck Buy 3d printers...

Posted by Humpadilly 
Good Luck Buy 3d printers...
December 28, 2013 07:16AM
Hello!

I am sorry if this kind of post isn't allowed... but this in no way advertising!

I am looking for a good 3d printer on a budget to finally get into 3d printing... I have been buying from goodluckbuy.com for a long time and noticed they recently added 3d printers...

Has anyone ever used these before? I couldn't find anything in english on Google for these

[www.goodluckbuy.com]

[www.goodluckbuy.com]

Thanks
HumpA
Re: Good Luck Buy 3d printers...
December 28, 2013 07:50AM
I really wouldn't expect great quality. Goodluckbuy are one of the many resellers, so getting support will likely be almost impossible. You will probably need to do some rebuilding to get it to work well. It's not exactly cheap either.

Certainly if you are starting out, look for something closer to home who will be able to provide some support. You will always pay a little premium for an assembled printer, so get the most out of it.

What is Open Source?
What is Open Source Hardware?
Open Source in a nutshell: the Four Freedoms
CC BY-NC is not an Open Source license
December 28, 2013 11:31AM
The pricing of the first seems extortionate. If you are going to get one then I would get it from the source:
[www.aliexpress.com]
The second one looks very small.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2013 11:33AM by Ralph.Hilton.
December 28, 2013 12:24PM
Ralph.Hilton
The pricing of the first seems extortionate. If you are going to get one then I would get it from the source:
[www.aliexpress.com]
The second one looks very small.

Although that is a kit not assembled.

For $600 there is this [www.aliexpress.com] assuming it is genuine. That is nearer the price I would be willing to write off, at least you will have some components to recycle. Watch out for import duties...

I've never tried Aliexpress, people say it's ok if you pick a reputable seller.

You can also pick up some reasonable priced used kit on ebay, people parting with unneeded printers, worth a look specially if its local.

What is Open Source?
What is Open Source Hardware?
Open Source in a nutshell: the Four Freedoms
CC BY-NC is not an Open Source license
December 28, 2013 02:16PM
Thanks everyone for the reply

Yeah ok so basically not an option as I don't have the money to write off smiling smiley

So my other option for an original printer at about $780 is this printer but not sure!

[www.velleman.eu]

Don't know how well known this product is! And if it's any good!
December 29, 2013 05:51PM
It seems to have no heatbed and the power supply is too small for one.
December 29, 2013 06:07PM
Thanks, yep im going with Velleman as its RepRap and a good start for me to learn!
December 29, 2013 10:16PM
the tip drill look nice though, i like the color coding.

they do have the lined m6 stanless barrels i have been looking for, and cheap too. dose not help that i can't check out. so they lost a test buy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2013 10:37PM by dissidence.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login