Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MakerBot Replicator 2 Owner in London?

Posted by matchar 
MakerBot Replicator 2 Owner in London?
January 07, 2014 12:53PM
Hi all.

I'm working on practical effects for a music video and need to have a few 3D sculpts printed. The sculpts are humanoid busts. I was using a friend's Ultimaker, but we've had lots of problems with it and have had to return parts for repair, so now I'm looking for someone in London with a similar printer (from what I've read the MakerBot's good).

I'd be happy to chat further with anyone interested or able to help.

Cheers

Charlie
Re: MakerBot Replicator 2 Owner in London?
January 07, 2014 02:24PM
How big are the models you need printed ?
To be honest any dialled in 3D printer is excellent, doesn't have to be a makerbot, just has to be dialled in.

I ask as I am in London, but only have a 145x145x80 print bed at the minute.

Dave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 02:26PM by DaveS.
January 07, 2014 02:25PM
matchar
Hi all.

I'm working on practical effects for a music video and need to have a few 3D sculpts printed. The sculpts are humanoid busts. I was using a friend's Ultimaker, but we've had lots of problems with it and have had to return parts for repair, so now I'm looking for someone in London with a similar printer (from what I've read the MakerBot's good).

I'd be happy to chat further with anyone interested or able to help.

Cheers

Charlie

Not going to find any Makerbot help here.

Go to the makerbot google group if you want that.
January 07, 2014 02:37PM
No need to be rude, tjb1. There is no law here saying people can't ask about Makerbots.

@matchar, there are a number of websites where people register their personal 3D printers and offer to print things for a fee. Two of them are 3D Hubs and 3DPinpoint. I know there are others... You could check those for people registered near your location.
January 08, 2014 10:14AM
Thanks for your help with this folks, much appreciated. I'll come back to you soon with the dimensions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login