Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

z axis motors spin different direction

Posted by vcazan 
z axis motors spin different direction
January 26, 2014 12:42PM
Hello everyone, I am building my first 3d printer and I am having a bit of an issue with my Z axis. No matter how I wire the motors for some reason one spins clockwise while the other spins counter clockwise. I am using the wiring from the reprap wiki here:

Anyone have any ideas what could be happening?

Thanks!
Re: z axis motors spin different direction
January 26, 2014 12:56PM
The wiring diagram simply is wrong.

I recommend connecting the black together, the green together, the red together and the blue together and in this way, connect each paired wire to the corresponding color on the Ramps.

However, my Ramps has two connectors for Z-motor, so I don't have to do this pairing. But, I did have to do it on my other printer which is using Sanguinololu.
January 26, 2014 01:05PM
thanks for hint, I've tried that but still no luck at all. The motors still spin in different directions. Its like if the wiring inside is wrong.////
January 26, 2014 01:33PM
just connect the two black wires and have both green wires go into the plug next to eachother.
January 26, 2014 01:59PM
managed to fix the issue by swapping one of a pairs a1 2a of the motor that was going the wrong direction. The diagram on the wiki needs to be fixed.
January 26, 2014 05:17PM
That wiring diagram looks good, and since you had the same problem even with parallel wiring that Ohmarinus suggested, I would say that problem is in inconsistent color coding of your motors. Are both same type and manufacturer?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login