Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto Bed Leveling Problems

Posted by kfootball15 
Auto Bed Leveling Problems
February 05, 2014 02:10PM
I'm having two very annoying problems with setting up my Auto Bed Leveling system.

The first is that when I go to print, the probe only takes one measurement before starting its print, which does nothing more then a regular z-stop might do.

How do I fix that?
Re: Auto Bed Leveling Problems
February 05, 2014 02:56PM
The leveling sequence requires a G28 then a G29 command to run. Does your GCODE have both?

It might help to paste in the sections of your Configuration.h file and the start of the GCODE you are running to this forum so we can review it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2014 02:57PM by salsabettis.
February 05, 2014 05:02PM
Oh I see. So it performs this function only one time, and uses that information on any g-code that is implemented? Irregardless of whether or not this information is installed in the g-code?
February 05, 2014 08:10PM
Yes, kind of. You run G28 and then G29 and then the bed leveling information is stored on your controller until you run G28 (home axes) again. G28 clears the levelling data.

Since it isn't very time consuming, I have my custom start gcode run the G28 and G29 to reset the leveling information before each print. I am sure this isn't absolutely necessary, but to me it is worth it to reset the home position and leveling data.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login