Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filament question

Posted by Dizzydbd 
Filament question
March 11, 2014 05:34AM
Is it normal for a filament to be deformed like this?
Attachments:
open | download - DSCN3447.JPG (494.5 KB)
open | download - DSCN3449.JPG (443.1 KB)
Re: Filament question
March 11, 2014 05:39AM
not really but it also depends on how much you pay for it

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

March 11, 2014 05:37PM
Unfortunately with filament you typically get what you pay for. I've found that the best for the price is makergeeks.com. They also offer free shipping and a huge selection of filament. They as well as printrbot have always had great products as well as even better customer service.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
March 11, 2014 07:57PM
It should still print ok.

March 12, 2014 04:02AM
Thank you for your answers. I checked out makergeeks a long time ago but the shipping price (Shipping: $62.45) doesn't work for me grinning smiley
Indeed, I also think it should print ok (the diameter is kind of accurate) but I am trying to push a 1.75mm crooked filament through a 2mm PTFE tube to guide it to the hotend and the force to do that will increase exponentially with the length of the tube.
March 12, 2014 12:07PM
Dizzydbd
I am trying to push a 1.75mm crooked filament through a 2mm PTFE tube to guide it to the hotend and the force to do that will increase exponentially with the length of the tube.
Yeah, that filament will be kind of useless in a bowden setup. Where did you buy it from? Have you asked for a replacement?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 14, 2014 04:22AM
NewPerfection
Dizzydbd
I am trying to push a 1.75mm crooked filament through a 2mm PTFE tube to guide it to the hotend and the force to do that will increase exponentially with the length of the tube.
Yeah, that filament will be kind of useless in a bowden setup. Where did you buy it from? Have you asked for a replacement?

China smiling smiley) For the price I paid I won't do that. The shipment was double the price of the PLA. It's ok, i'll make it work.
March 14, 2014 02:18PM
I just bought some MakerGeek's ABS (Blue Gray) I tried printing with it yesterday for the first time... I cannot get this sh-t to stick well to anything... Glass w/ ABS Juice, @110c , Glass w/ Kapton @ 120, Glass w/Kapton+Abs Juice @110, Glass w/ Hairspray, Glass w/ 50/50 PVA...

Glass/kapton/ABS juice was the best of the bunch but still had some lift...
March 14, 2014 07:57PM
As far as ive ever known makergeeks has guaranteed filament as well as free shipping. If you're not happy I would email as they have been very helpful to me.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
March 15, 2014 01:52AM
REPRAP SQUAD
As far as ive ever known makergeeks has guaranteed filament as well as free shipping. If you're not happy I would email as they have been very helpful to me.

I may need to... this stuff just turns to snot in acetone.... more than 24 hours and just a glob in a jar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login